Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Brief Write Up On The New Is

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html

Lexus IS: A crucial debutante from Lexus, the new IS has grown up and now offers more space in boot, which is now able to take at least two sets of golf clubs, as well as increased rear seat room, allowing the accommodation of at least three sets of golf clubs, and a higher quality dashboard which can swallow a class leading number of golf clubs. As you would expect from a Lexus, options will include a state-of-the-art sound system which can play CDs, MP3s and golf, whilst engines will include Lexus's first diesel motor, which will run on golf clubs. Sources in Japan say the new IS has recorded an impressive squintrupling of torsional rigidity, up to 500,000 atmospheric kiloNewtons.
"

Do you play golf?

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html
Lexus IS: A crucial debutante from Lexus, the new IS has grown up and now offers more space in boot, which is now able to take at least two sets of golf clubs, as well as increased rear seat room, allowing the accommodation of at least three sets of golf clubs, and a higher quality dashboard which can swallow a class leading number of golf clubs. As you would expect from a Lexus, options will include a state-of-the-art sound system which can play CDs, MP3s and golf, whilst engines will include Lexus's first diesel motor, which will run on golf clubs. Sources in Japan say the new IS has recorded an impressive squintrupling of torsional rigidity, up to 500,000 atmospheric kiloNewtons.
"

Do you play golf?

Perhaps now in competition with the Volkswagen Golf ? :yawn:

Thanks, Mark D, I had a look at the sniffpetrol site and I haven't stop laughing since....it pokes fun at exactly the way that all new cars are reviewed, "so many sets of golf clubs in the boot and the new car is torsionally more rigid than the outgoing model etc...."

I love these torsional rigidity quips....

“Engineers say the 159 boasts a 37% increase in torsional rigidity of up to 47,000 cubic Newtons.”

”is claimed to offer a five fold increase in torsional rigidity, to a class leading 59,329 square Newton yards.”

”Both cars are said to feature a 94% increase in torsional rigidity, up to 110,990 ambic hectare Newtons.”

”Sources in Japan say the new IS has recorded an impressive squintrupling of torsional rigidity, up to 500,000 atmospheric kiloNewtons.”

”By using the shorter Maybach 57 as its base, engineers say the S version is 312% more torsionally rigid, offering a benchmark figure of 785,330 metric inches Newtoned.”

” With an all new bodyshell, the MX5 is claimed to be 107.6 times more torsionally stiff, at a class-leading 1 million pentametric Newtonings.”

”When it enters production, the Leon will boast a notable 908% increase in torsional rigidness of around 2.6 million optical furlongs (Newton).”

”The new Passat's body is reported to offer 47 billion times more torsional rigidityness, a figure equivalent to a number so big that it cannot be seen by the human eye, when expressed as an indices of the square root of the industry standard measure of vertical airbourne Newtocentimetres cubed.”

Thanks Mark - I may have an offbeat sense of humour I don't know, but I haven't laughed so much in ages!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links