Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service Midlands Price Guide...

surely, all the time spent checking price differentials, plus all the extra milage, fuel in your car, fuel in the loan car and general inconvienience makes the whole shopping around thing a bit pointless?

How much do you actually save once all the costs are taken into account, over going to your local dealer?

Or is this more of a protest vote than anything else?

surely, all the time spent checking price differentials, plus all the extra milage, fuel in your car, fuel in the loan car and general inconvienience makes the whole shopping around thing a bit pointless?

How much do you actually save once all the costs are taken into account, over going to your local dealer?

Or is this more of a protest vote than anything else?

I debated this, in my particular situation (others may be different) I quite enjoyed finding out the differences in price in the Midlands, also by doing so, saved other members the time. (Which was about a 1/2 hour one lunch at work)

Cost fuel wise from my house to Stoke and back (twice) £30 and to Nottingham £10. So £20 difference.

Stoke - £429.93

Nott'm - £480

Difference is £50 between servicing costs (excludes LOC discounts which I can't discuss here, but make an even bigger difference and more worthwhile!)

So I saved £30 on paper, but I didn't give the Nott'm dealer my custom (after their terrible customer service I didn't want to), got better customer service, saved some money, had a nice drive and went somewhere different.

Further to that, in real life I saved more than twice that and Stoke is not that exciting (my own opinion, usual disclaimers etc)...

A good friend of mine however paid £300 more than me to get the same service at another local dealership because them collecting and delivering his car was a bigger priority for him. Everyone of us has a different way of working and I'm certainly not saying mine is right, if we were all the same life would be boring.

Now back to work turning off compromised computers... :mat:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links