Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

well Ive got a few days before I collect my car, and I thought I would get the can of spray paint for the car (Thanks Matthew for the info) which I picked up. Anyway I was talking to an elderly saleman at the autofactors, who has been there years, and when I was ordering the paint I mentioned there was a fine stratch down to the undercoat on the back wing, and did I have to get the whole wing done for such a small thing? . He said" there are a few paint and scratch restorers that you can get that might work, or he said SOME people have used black boot polish on a car with your colour, which they have found very useful"

I said you "mean Kiwi?" he smiled at me and said "all I can say in this shop sir is that over the years on a black such as yours some people have used black boot polish, if its a fine scratch to the white undercoat just rub it over with a soft cloth,.... well some people do sir :D "

He has been there a very long time so I'll try it. I think he said it in a roundabout way so the company wont get done for bad advice. But it will cover it up until I can to get it sprayed

The spray I bought was just to touch a a square inch on the front bumper , and for little chips later on.. £11.16 for the can , not a bad price :)

will do :) , but it has to be fine scratch to the undercoat, though it sounds silly It does makes sense as it has a chemical in it that stains as well. even if it just darkens it for the time being it will do me, but the way he was implying it would sort it out, shoe polish when left dries out very hard so perhaps it fills the scratch in, then you just buff over, ill let you know how i get on with it.

For what its worth we have wood panelling in the house, and when it gets the odd scratch I use liquid shoe polish (brown) , and you cant tell the difference. I read that in a book a while ago, but never heard of it used on paintwork :D !

will do  :) , but it has to be fine scratch to the undercoat, though it sounds silly It  does makes sense as it has a chemical in it that stains as well. even if it just darkens it for the time being it will do me, but the way he was implying it would sort it out, shoe polish when left dries out very hard so perhaps it fills the scratch in, then you just buff over, ill let you know how i get on with it.

For what its worth we have wood panelling in the house, and when it gets the odd scratch I use liquid shoe polish (brown) , and you cant tell the difference. I read that in a book a while ago, but never heard of it used on paintwork :D !

Does anybody know where i can pick up some granite sky boot polish?

I think its any colour you like as long as its brown or black  :D

I dont mind saving a little money as I'm having four new tyres fitted, I'm nearly broke now :) but I look at what im getting and think what the heck, lifes to short and so am I  :D

have you bought the tyres yet mate?

we have a great discount for gold members on tyres - bet you could save more than the subscription just on the tyres.

if you haven't bought 'em, let me know your size / make and I'll give you a price ;)

I have Matthew :crying: I didnt realise at the time, but next month when I get paid again im going to pay for my Gold Member's subscription.

He has charged me £200 for the full set, but I dont think they will be top makes though. The origonal ones had a bit of tread left, but I thought it best to get them changed. I have enough polish to do the car a couple of times then when I buy some more I'll get it from the club. I know its off the track a little ( just remembered) but one of the things I found a bit unusual to get used to when I took it for a test drive was the drivers wing mirror, it makes things look further away, so I must remember that when i'm on the road out and about :D

I have got my insurance sorted :D

its £456 fully comp a year with my no claims insured plus sickness , legal and RAC cover which I thought was really good. Its up £4 a month compared to my Merc, I honestly thought it was going to be more, but they found a cheaper company

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links