Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been looking around for some new shocks and springs and have come across quite a few for the Mk2 but next to nothing for the Mk 1

Now i notice from the spec sheets it says the Mk 2 shocks are uprated now does this mean completely different fitting or just different part number

have you used the search facility?

b4 scarface sees it :D

yep i have searched and it still hasn't answered what i want the only shocks i seem to find are KYB (whoooooooo) and don't mention coilovers if i had it to spend they would be on by now :D

There are still al lot of jzs147/mk1 shocks, springs, and coilovers available ...

What parts are you looking for?

well as coilovers are out for at least a few months anyway i was looking at springs and shocks i know there are tien springs which aren't a problem its the shocks i just can't seem to find any sort of choices

why are you looking to change Leg?

what do you want?

I have been on this trail myself. I want a nice cosmetic drop, to eliminate the wheel arch gap, and to retain the ride quality.

My findings where;

• TTE / Eibach springs. I doubt these would retain the ride quality, as I had them on my IS, and whilst the were good on a smooth road, they were hard on a bad road. This was also the experience of Col Barber who had them on his GS3.
  • L-Tuned springs / shocks. These had some good reviews from the US, however, we don;t know how they vary from UK spec, so they may just be the same as the standard suspension. would probably make a good replacement set.
  • coilovers. Lots of people on different brands of these. They defintely seem to be the way forward. Lots of flavours. Range from very hard and stiff, track carving setups to softer than stock. I read a LOT of good experiences from people on Tein CS. Almost no loss of ride quality, and they lower the car just enough for me.

do you NEED to change (because your existing ones are on the way out), or do you just want to?

why are you looking to change Leg?

what do you want?

I have been on this trail myself. I want a nice cosmetic drop, to eliminate the wheel arch gap, and to retain the ride quality.

My findings where;

• TTE / Eibach springs. I doubt these would retain the ride quality, as I had them on my IS, and whilst the were good on a smooth road, they were hard on a bad road. This was also the experience of Col Barber who had them on his GS3.
  • L-Tuned springs / shocks. These had some good reviews from the US, however, we don;t know how they vary from UK spec, so they may just be the same as the standard suspension. would probably make a good replacement set.
  • coilovers. Lots of people on different brands of these. They defintely seem to be the way forward. Lots of flavours. Range from very hard and stiff, track carving setups to softer than stock. I read a LOT of good experiences from people on Tein CS. Almost no loss of ride quality, and they lower the car just enough for me.

do you NEED to change (because your existing ones are on the way out), or do you just want to?

Don't need to change but i feel like tightening a few things up (my *** i am treating my car like a woman) I have seen the L Tuned stuff but only for the Mk2 have an email in to find out if i can interchange them. I'll freely admit that the other part of it is cosmetic but a nice stiff ride doesn't bother me (insert double entendre here) Tien coilovers are the ultimate goal but not on the cards at the moment more likely the end of the year for those

Don't need to change but i feel like tightening a few things up (my *** i am treating my car like a woman) I have seen the L Tuned stuff but only for the Mk2 have an email in to find out if i can interchange them. I'll freely admit that the other part of it is cosmetic but a nice stiff ride doesn't bother me (insert double entendre here) Tien coilovers are the ultimate goal but not on the cards at the moment more likely the end of the year for those

If I was you - I would just save and wait for the coilovers mate.

£250 - £300 you spend now to get a set of TTE / Eibach springs and fit em, is a quarter of the way towards what you really want. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links