Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plat Ice Paintwork

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

My Altezza got hit yesterday while it was parked so the rear bumper & near side rear quarter panel needs repairing now & the near side light cluster need replacing.

[urlREMOVED

I was told this morning at body repair shop the whole rear quarter panel needs re spraying but its only slight pushed in (cant tell from pic) & scuffed, if they repair that little patch it would be noticeable is this so? Anyone else got a silver car re sprayed & had any probs?I l know Amanda (is300kk) is pleased with the work on her lexus. Is it possible to use a 'blow it over' method or 'mopped' or isnt that the same thing?

Thanks

Mosy of that looks like somebody elses paint on top of yours, in which case it should polish off. I would try that first before you decide way ahead. Normally a body shop will do a panel so it doesn't show, but if this is bordered by atrim like in the middle of the door then they do just top or bottom half. I suspect if you "blow" it over the damage you will always know it's there and will notice it yourself.

make sure u have a REALLY good look after they have sprayed it and at from all angles also when the car is wet, check to see if they have the shading of the paint right ie that it isnt darker or mottled in places.

i had my door sprayed and only now after years have i noticed the job isnt as agood as i had hoped!

Guest mark_tsang

Some of it is that black stuff off a car with black bumper i guess but the rest gone through the paint so beyond polished out.

As for metalic colours are harder to match up heard few people say. i always been told normal red is hard to match up. it be visible at night under a lampost if a red car been re sprayed, i seen this countless amount of times where a red car got 1 or few different shades of red but appears ok lookign in daytime & my old Mazda 323F that is red had this prob one time.

Can I suggest you take your car to this company, excellent quality work and a very reasonable, they did mine (plat ice) and it was better than the rest of the car in terms of finish - perfect matching.

Colin Hardwick

Euro Vehicle Engineers

Unit 18

Waltham Road Industrial Estate

Boreham

Chelmsford

Essex CM3 3AW

01245 460088

07771 657036

You won't be disappointed.

Here's another question while we are on the subject of colour matching and re-spraying.

Why is it that the Lexus Platinum Ice touch up paint (supplied with the car) doesn't match the paintwork on my car ? I have a couple of bitch paint chips which I have tried touching in and rubbing back, but they come out as a different shade to the car !!

If I was to buy a can of spray paint, do you think it would be possible to just spray the chips if I was to mask the rest of the area, rather than pay someone to spray the whole panel ?

get a spray can and spray some paint into the lid or a small container and using a small brush touch in the chip.

Build up the paint leaving it to dry between coats then add some lacquer to finish it off

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links