Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oh What Fun We Had

Scorpion

Had to laugh last night as i reeled you all in,the reason:

i think things are getting a bit to serious on here i always thought after a hard days graft and getting on the computer things should be a bit light hearted mixed with controversy thrown in for good measure and some of you took the bait with "that thread" which went a bit sideways which was good even though i noticed my warning level went down to 30% and why was the other one closed/opened then closed again was someone afraid of what i might say someone even changed the questions on the poll and probably the results too which was funny but the poll was a serious one after all it was after the watershed timings, i think Ahmet and others should consider how new members are treated in the future especialy when its a newbie posting for the first/second time same goes with joining gold we have to ease new members in gently rather than ram it down the throats, i find it very off putting :blush:

When i meet ppl at venues in real life things are good and we all have a laugh but as soon as some turn on the comp they change,cars and computers should never be taken seriously............lighten up :P

Anyhow today is a new day im older (yes i know) and wiser!!!

How old do you have to be to join Saga :P

Im off to the "old farts forum" now....Oi Rodders and Dave i'll be in in a minute :lol:

Also Remember though, those same newbies see silly topics and posts and think, what a bunch of ******ling idiots.looks like a kiddies play ground, seems like there some tension around here........not sure i wanna be part of that!

Lexus and toyota see the stoopid topics and say, yeah great site, what a bunch of amatures

Also Remember though, those same newbies see silly topics and posts and think, what a bunch of ******ling idiots.looks like a kiddies play ground, seems like there some tension around here........not sure i wanna be part of that!

Lexus and toyota see the stoopid topics and say, yeah great site, what a bunch of amatures

I second that ;)

not sure i wanna be part of that!

you already are though m8 as you are part of the admin which ties you into why somebody tampered with the headings on the poll as i cant do that on my own ;)

Anyway it gave me a reason to spout of,its an age thing!!! :blush:

how do i high light a part of a post to add in a quote.

on the bottom right of a post you will see some "Buttons" one of these is marked "REPLY just click that on the post you want to "Quote" and it will do the rest, if you want to edit out part of the quote you will be able to do this in the reply box that will pop up when the "REPLY button is clicked

it was amusing, and yes i feel that light hearted digs and banter is esential in the public forum cuase it shows were not all a bunch of anarachs who talk about cars and nothing else. still the fact remains YOU ALL SMELL :flowers:

nearly, i had to edit slightly.

You removed some of the TAGS that are needed, simplest thing to do for the time being is only "reply, then go from there when you understand how the tags work

OK "tail between legs" think i will work on this one slooowly.

You removed some of the TAGS that are needed, simplest thing to do for the time being is only "reply, then go from there when you understand how the tags work

:winky: ...there grasped that one :tomato:

:winky: ...there grasped that one :tomato:

Thanks, please buy my book 101 ways to make yourself look an idiot..written by a master.....MR POINT.

when you do the reply, and you get all the text in the box, to make a normal reply, you just add it at the bottom, as you did above.

to edit out un-needed text, you must remove it from between the [ quote ][ / quote ] if you remove any of the [ quote ] [ / quote ] tags then you break up the code

to help you before you post, click the preview post button, this will allow you to see if the "REPLY will look correct.

no one thinks you look silly, we are all learning, it took me a while of traial and error to work this IT computer crazy stuff out........... :D

Edited by Monster-Mat

[ quote ][ / quote ] [ quote ] [ / quote ]

no one thinks you look silly, we are all learning, it took me a while of traial and error to work this IT computer crazy stuff out........... :D

Think i've got it?

Dam Tootin.............. :D , You have :driving:

when you do the reply, and you get all the text in the box, to make a normal reply, you just add it at the bottom, as you did above.

to edit out un-needed text, you must remove it from between the [ quote ][ / quote ] if you remove any of the [ quote ] [ / quote ] tags then you break up the code

to help you before you post, click the preview post button, this will allow you to see if the "REPLY will look correct.

I'm still trying :duh:

[ quote ][ / quote ] [ quote ] [ / quote ]

Think i've got it?

I dont want to do on and on with this topic as most reading it by now are probably crying but, it may help any newbies.. and "me" you said not to delete the tags so that whats left will be displayed does the same apply when the quotes are layered like now, for this reply all i would want to show is "Dam Tootin" and my reply, in this case would i delete all the above?

Tony, like that ^

You keep the person's info you want in :

[quote=Monster-Mat,Apr 10 2005, 02:57 PM]

Then the text of that persons message stays in the middle ....... like this then

[right][snapback=229454][/right]
[/quote]

Just like that ok ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links