Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre Cats

Read now in a few threads about removal of the pre cats.

Ok understand the objective to be improved gas flow, better breathing = more power :D

Does this not have a negative effect on emissions :question:

Also how about valve timing, surely reduced back pressure means the exhaust gasses come out earlier, is there not a danger of burning exhaust valves :question: Or I am just being thick :blink:

Ok understand the objective to be improved gas flow, better breathing = more power  :D

Does this not have a negative effect on emissions  :question:

Also how about valve timing, surely reduced back pressure means the exhaust gasses come out earlier, is there not a danger of burning exhaust valves  :question: Or I am just being thick  :blink:

The most restrctive part of a standard OEM exhaust is the manifold (or header pipes in US speak), thereafter the pre cats and back box.

Yes, there will be a negative effect on emissions, but tree-huggers don't tend to be petrolheads. That's up to your conscience :unsure:

With a simple ECU reset the engine is "told" that there is something different happening and will respond accordingly.

Ok understand the objective to be improved gas flow, better breathing = more power  :D

Does this not have a negative effect on emissions  :question:

Also how about valve timing, surely reduced back pressure means the exhaust gasses come out earlier, is there not a danger of burning exhaust valves  :question: Or I am just being thick  :blink:

The most restrctive part of a standard OEM exhaust is the manifold (or header pipes in US speak), thereafter the pre cats and back box.

Yes, there will be a negative effect on emissions, but tree-huggers don't tend to be petrolheads. That's up to your conscience :unsure:

With a simple ECU reset the engine is "told" that there is something different happening and will respond accordingly.

On the emissions was more about when Mr MOT inserts his probe in the rear orifice of the vehicle :ohmy: rather than the environmental effects. If I was worried about them I would run about in a Smart not an IS that does 23 to the gallon :nuke:

if ther main cat is got upto temp before the MOT then you should have no problem.

upto temp, means a good run!!

there are a few traders on here that do now sell aftermarket manifolds with no cats fitted, the only one i have Physically seen is the one from Prolex UK

if ther main cat is got upto temp before the MOT then you should have no problem.

upto temp, means a good run!!

there are a few traders on here that do now sell aftermarket manifolds with no cats fitted, the only one i have Physically seen is the one from Prolex UK

Thanks Mat

What I wanted to know. Was thinking of an induction kit and while I got the area clear doing the manifold as well.

Wanted s/c, the missus wants a new car (Audi :sick: ) but talked her into my IS instead then I could get an Altezza. But would miss the sweet sound of the six being revved so half way house is induction kit (prob off Scott) and new manifold while I make my mind up. Then if Altezza comes around can move kit over there!

I'm planning on getting one of these

XERD

when I go to Houston later this year. Dynoed at 15.5 bhp increase

it will need modifying to fit a right hand drive car, im a little scepticle that the header alone can give 15.5hp, but proof of the pudding and all that

As Mat says we do a performance manifold for the IS. This is in stock and is ready to ship.

We are also working on a induction kit for the N/A IS200.

Should be ready in 3/4 weeks will be diifferent from those currently on the market and competitively priced.

I also have a OEM manifold decatted by Tdi which can be yours for £***

I'm planning on getting one of these

XERD

when I go to Houston later this year. Dynoed at 15.5 bhp increase

it will need modifying to fit a right hand drive car, im a little scepticle that the header alone can give 15.5hp, but proof of the pudding and all that

I checked with them already, they said OK for RHD. Fargo has same on his IS300 and said it fitted no problem, unlike some of the other US brands

You have a lot more choice with manifolds for the IS200 in the UK, as it's not sold in the US. Mr ProLex and Mr Altezza to name a couple. I haven't come across anything available in the UK for the IS300

Thank you Mr Morse. I've finally gone Gold and will be contacting the esteemed gentlemen mentioned above first for the afore mentioned bits :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links