Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Give Food To Hungry People!

MrADeveci

ABOUT THE HUNGER SITE

Your click on the "Give Free Food" button funds food for the hungry, paid for by site sponsors whose ads appear after you click and provided to people in need around the world through the efforts of Mercy Corps and America's Second Harvest.

http://www.thehungersite.com/

HUNGER: DO YOU KNOW THE FACTS?

It is estimated that one billion people in the world suffer from hunger and malnutrition. That's roughly 100 times as many as those who actually die from these causes each year.

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. This is down from 35,000 ten years ago, and 41,000 twenty years ago. Three-fourths of the deaths are children under the age of five.

Famine and wars cause about 10% of hunger deaths, although these tend to be the ones you hear about most often. The majority of hunger deaths are caused by chronic malnutrition. Families facing extreme poverty are simply unable to get enough food to eat.

In 1999, a year marked by good economic news, 31 million Americans were food insecure, meaning they were either hungry or unsure of where their next meal would come from. Of these Americans, 12 million were children. The Hunger Site began on June 1, 1999.

Please remember to click every day to give help and hope to those with nowhere to turn. Every click counts in the life of a hungry person.

i grew up in various countries around the world including some of the poorest ( ethiopia + sudan) and couldnt really believe the amount that people were wasting - so be aware that there are always 2 sides to every so called "sob story"

yeah have been to some poor areas in my time doing  abit of aid work

would rather give some of my time than just money

i try to go somewhere every year to 2 years

been to somalia and poorer areas of china

time is far beter than money, what the charities dont really tell u is that it is not millions of $ that is going into countries for aid from the world bank, UNDP etc it is Billions!! The only organisation i give money to is the RNLI and cancer research.

call me harsh, insensitive etc but having seen it first hand puts a different prospective on things

It doesn't matter how much(if anything)you give to these 3rd world countries its syphoned off by politicians and it never gets where its needed.Its the same countries that come up for handouts every 10/15 yrs!!!!! so i'll be keeping my hard earned,well until this government think of something else they can fleece me of.

tis a strange world

i do a lot of work for a fairly well known charity, all in the cause of business i will admit

one of their causes is to run hostels in london

one in particular, is full off destitute and refugee women

they are given a room, a room that resembles a hotel room, they are refurbished at least once a year

the rent is paid for by the dhss

most of the women are supposed refugees, yet when you go in the rooms they are full of stereos ,tv`s, and all the latest gadgets,

and in 98% of the rooms you will see the latest mobile phones

now it makes me wonder how destitute these women are

the rent as said is all paid for them, and is in excess of £120 a day!!

now this building is managed by a surveyor, who sits most the time in plush offices well away from the building in question

this person is not a high ranking worker and has many bosses and people above him

when his day finishes, he makes his way home in his company car

home, to a estimated, (and i mean estimated on the low side) £1,000,000 ++ house

now remember this is a charity organisation

these are the people who and do shake cans at you

now i would be reluctant to give them my spare change ;)

i would refuse to work for them if it wasnt for the money i make :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links