Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Window Stickers

omohat

Are there any techniques/products to make it easier to remove window stickers? I've heard nail polish remover can help (but not sure how it would work on non-porous plastic sticker).

Anything else?

White spirit should do the job. Not sure about this one, but I have heard that vinegar works - but what a stink ! :crybaby:

Be careful if the sticker is on your back window as you don't want to tear off / through your heating elements.

Be careful if the sticker is on your back window as you don't want to tear off / through your heating elements.

Damn - it is on the back window. How delicate are those heating elements?. The sticker isn't that old (about 4 weeks) so i'm hoping it won't put up too much of a fight.

Damn - it is on the back window. How delicate are those heating elements?. The sticker isn't that old (about 4 weeks) so i'm hoping it won't put up too much of a fight.

Hopefully it shouldn't be stuck on that well. Try peeling from one of the corners, but remember to peel from left to right (or right to left) DO NOT PEEL UP OR DOWN AS YOU WILL BE PEELING ACROSS THE ELEMENTS !

I've done it on previous cars, and haven't had any probs so hopefully you'll be okay.

If the sticker has been on the glass for only 4 weeks warm it up with a hairdryer an peel off gently from one corner.Whilst peeling keep your fingers as close to the sticker as possible or else the vinyl will break and give you grief. Any residual adhesive can be cleaned off with white spirit (on a rag) :D

i used a hot air gun on my sticker that had been on for years and it peeled off quite easy then as i had no solvent i had to use a bit of hugo boss aftershave to get the residual gum off its expensive but it works a treat and your car smells great for days :D

It doesn't smell as nice as aftershave :lol: but you could try WD40, that seems to slightly melt vinyl adhesive. Being a spray can make it easier to get where you want it

Are there any techniques/products to make it easier to remove window stickers? I've heard nail polish remover can help (but not sure how it would work on non-porous plastic sticker).

Anything else?

use a stanley knife blade carefully and any xs glue use terps!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links