Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Love the RX but just unsure which model to go for. The 400 is the unknown and still trying to get to grips with its advantages, slightly better fuel economy, more environmentally friendly, but £4-5k more expensive.

Also concerned over residual values as teh 300 residuals I guess are pretty known, but the 400 while probably similar is likley to show some uncertainty over new concept and when the 400 is 3 years old, who knows what problems over hybrid may exist, although I am sure it will be fine.

Should I go for a better 300 model or go for the 400 and if so why? Performance more important to me than fuel economy, otherwise would be going for a nasty diesel!

Help please?

:) Hi if performance is your goal, this car will not suit you, look at the GS models instead. The 400h will not give problems in the future and Battery life is long, I have not drive the 400h, but a friend has and he says it performs ok around corners/bends ect, test drive one and back to back it with the 300 and make your decision then. best regards :driving:

PS) that's my new motor, what do you think?

Should have mentioned that we want a big car with plenty of space and the wife wants to sit high up on the road. So options would be Volvo, X5, merc estate etc. I like the RX as it looks better than the rest and performance good. The weight to horse power is a bit of a leveller, but anything else that makes teh 400 the betetr option?

Actually the RX300 is no slough on the straights, with a 0-100 time that can match the BMW320 and makes the IS200 look like a turtle! That said, the sheer weight and unavoidable bodyroll of a car like the RX gives it a severe disadvantage in corners. You've mentioned that you're looking for power, so in that aspect, the RX400 would be a no brainer.

However, if you're looking for sheer performance (as a highway cruiser), then the GS should be your choice.

So if you had to choose a 400 or a 300 SE (don't like leather seats) then the verdict would be 400 as new, but only marginal differnce in performance? Cost slightly more to run 300 but that's about it. Not looking to save planet so all in all better specified 300 is best option?

I would not drop the leather...heard that it seriously affect the re-sale value as people expect it on this type of car.

Heard that the base model RX300's make up only 3% of the RX's...and the base modle also drops loads of other toys..xenons, sunroof, 18" wheels etc etc. Guessing RX400 will be much the same ??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links