Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Regular readers may recall I picked up my pride and joy LS 430 earlier this year. So far it's been a dream car, everything I could have wanted and then some.

Today, however, I head off to a friend's wedding with the girlfriend and a few yards down the road she says "it's a bit bumpy isn't it...". I grudgingly agree that the ride is not quite as smooth as usual but we're late for a wedding so I push on.

Half a mile down the road, I have to admit that shock, horror, something is not quite right with my dream machine. I pull over fearing a flat tyre but no, they're all fine to my relief. It's then I notice the back end of the car is about a foot in the air higher than normal!

Perplexed I check the electronic suspension height switch is on normal and yes it is. For good measure I try a few more switches, the rear privacy blind still goes up and down, but the suspension is firmly staying up high! :)

Well the wedding is only a few miles down the road so I drive on and believe me it was like something out of a Snoop Dogg video - the car was bouncing up and down like a yo yo - the only thing missing was some Gangster Rap blaring out of the stereo. :D

My girlfriend is in hysterics at this point as we both bounce up and down the road, of course to her this is hilarious and she's quickly on the phone to other friends at the wedding to gleefully explain our predicament. I'm not quite so amused. :duh:

A few hours later, during a break in the reception, a few friends and I go out to take a look at the back end and sure enough it is unbelievably high and absolutely rock solid - none of us can push either the front or the back of the car down even a millimeter!

Dejected I return to the wedding, have some fun, go back to the car another hour or so later and incredibly the back end has gone down a bit! I take it for a test drive down the road and sure enough - the problem's gone - how weird is that!?!??

So there you have it - that has to be the strangest experience I've ever had with a car. I will of course be in touch with Lexus first thing Tuesday but I'd love to know if anyone else has ever experienced anything like that before. :)

Regular readers may recall I picked up my pride and joy LS 430 earlier this year. So far it's been a dream car, everything I could have wanted and then some.

Today, however,  I head off to a friend's wedding with the girlfriend and a few yards down the road she says "it's a bit bumpy isn't it...". I grudgingly agree that the ride is not quite as smooth as usual but we're late for a wedding so I push on.

Half a mile down the road, I have to admit that shock, horror, something is not quite right with my dream machine. I pull over fearing a flat tyre but no, they're all fine to my relief. It's then I notice the back end of the car is about a foot in the air higher than normal!

Perplexed I check the electronic suspension height switch is on normal and yes it is. For good measure I try a few more switches, the rear privacy blind still goes up and down, but the suspension is firmly staying up high! :)

Well the wedding is only a few miles down the road so I drive on and believe me it was like something out of a Snoop Dogg video - the car was bouncing up and down like a yo yo - the only thing missing was some Gangster Rap blaring out of the stereo.  :D

My girlfriend is in hysterics at this point as we both bounce up and down the road, of course to her this is hilarious and she's quickly on the phone to other friends at the wedding to gleefully explain our predicament. I'm not quite so amused.  :duh:

A few hours later, during a break in the reception, a few friends and I go out to take a look at the back end and sure enough it is unbelievably high and absolutely rock solid - none of us can push either the front or the back of the car down even a millimeter!

Dejected I return to the wedding, have some fun, go back to the car another hour or so later and incredibly the back end has gone down a bit! I take it for a test drive down the road and sure enough - the problem's gone - how weird is that!?!??

So there you have it - that has to be the strangest experience I've ever had with a car. I will of course be in touch with Lexus first thing Tuesday but I'd love to know if anyone else has ever experienced anything like that before. :)

the only similar thing i ever had was on a citreon that had height control of the suspension. the link to the sensor had come off.

sounds like a sensing problem, did you try adjusting the height switch at all ?

My self,id take the car in to Lexus and get it checked out,it might do it again mid corner and high speed :excl: ...

A friend of mine went off the road when the rear ride height of his Lotus Carlton changed settings in the middle of a corner....

He ended up having to reshell the car :o

Cheers chips.

sounds like a sensing problem, did you try adjusting the height switch at all ?

Originally yes I did make sure the switch was in the normal position but unfortunately I'd tried pressing it a few times once I realised there was a problem so can't say categorically what position it was initially in.

My self,id take the car in to Lexus and get it checked out,it might do it again mid corner and high speed :excl: ...

Sheesh, you're right - hadn't thought of that. :huh:

I'll be in touch with Lexus tomorrow so will be interesting to see what they make of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links