Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Gs In Evo Mag

Just wondering if any of you read Evo????

Its the only car mag I bother with these days and while there have been a few cars they have been harsh with ( Civic R, S2000 ) that are my fav's but they gave the GS a 2 star rating in this months mag....

Just want to hear a few opinions. Are they being unfair or are the criterea they use different to what we want from a car.

jist of the artical was it was boring, well built, too quiet and a good chassis was masked by too much electrinic intervention......

jist of the artical was it was boring, well built, too quiet and a good chassis was masked by too much electrinic intervention

Why are they testing a GS in EVO magazine?, the car's are totally different and aimed at a totally different clientele. I don't read the mag myself (Prefer my bikes for proper speed kicks) but also like the S2000 and type -R civic and Accord. I suppose if they say it's too good people might buy a GS instead of an EVO. BTW- My missus would hit the roof if I bought an EVO as she thinks they look like toy cars, I couldn't own one as I don't think i've got a baseball cap.

Just a note, Evo mag isn't linked to the 4 wheel drive Mitsubushi monsters its an independant all about the thrill of driving.

Only reason I read it is because they only test drivers cars which is why I'm interested to see how people here rate it.

they only test drivers cars

There's your answer then. Great car the GS, but a "drivers car"? - I don't think so.

Don't see why it can't be. Big engine and rear wheel drive are a pretty good starting point. BMW and to a lesser extent even Mercedes are on the ball when it comes to making a big car handle.

Or am I missing the point is the GS just not that type of car??????

is the GS just not that type of car??????

I would say so.

Big, comfortable, quiet, relaxing and isolated are the kind of things that come to mind - great for an exec cruiser but not what you'd imagine for a "drivers car".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links