Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cam Assembly - Altezza

Nikki

Has anyone got access to a workshop manual for the Altezza or does anybody know how the exhaust cam VV system goes together.

Reason for asking - Fitted the supercharger at the weekend but when test driving it - happened to melt piston 2 & 3 - oops!

Don't think its much to do with the supercharger been fitted but more to do with an underlying problem with engine underfuelling.

When stripping the engine, unfortunately, as I removed the exhaust cam the VV system has popped off the front. I need to know if there are any timing marks, etc or if anyone has any knowledge of this and can shed some light. As you can guess I'm not happy at the moment as my beloved Altezza is completely stripped down ......

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

oh dear..............

you have a problem, the Varible Valve is a pain in the ***** to set up......are all the springs still within the gear set

i dont have the info to help you, when i had to look at the VV system before i obtained the infomation through Toyota

oh dear..............

you have a problem, the Varible Valve is a pain in the ***** to set up......are all the springs still within the gear set

i dont have the info to help you, when i had to look at the VV system before i obtained the infomation through Toyota

Been on to the Local Toyota dealership who don't seem to be able to help much. They are not too up on the Altezza due to being an import. Do you happen to have the number of the Toyota dealer that you dealt with as they may be able to help us more.

Cheers

Martin

oh dear..............

Been on to the Local Toyota dealership who don't seem to be able to help much. They are not too up on the Altezza due to being an import. Do you happen to have the number of the Toyota dealer that you dealt with as they may be able to help us more.

Cheers

Martin

yep, Toyota Motorsport.

i will ask someone i know in Japan for you

the copy i saw was in Engrish....

with japanese words in Brackets......but i only asked for the Cylinder head pictures

Finally after weeks of trying to get the problem sorted we managed to speak to somebody that actually knew what we were talking about at Toyota.

Been advised to bin the old VVT system and get a new one - real pain in the a** to put the old one back together. So I've ordered it from Toyota at a cost of nearly £100 and delivery not till 25th May but it's a weight off my mind and at least when the pistons turn up the car can be put back together - AT LAST!!! Well hopefully........ fingers and toes crossed for me.

Superchargers ------ who'd have 'em

PS - Rang Simpsons Salvage ref the breaker they have but they were not prepared to break the engine - wanted to sell it in one piece at £500+VAT and an exchange!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links