Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flash Reflective Number Plate Spray ?

Yes, Scarface is correct but for the wrong reasons.

I think we are flogging a bit of a dead horse here. Spraying a licence plate with hairspray doesn't come remotely close to any of the example offences described in the CPS' own guidelines, which is why they withdrew the charge:

CPS guidelines

Yes, I agree that reading into the legislation that, (technically at least) PCJ could apply in this case, but you must remember that PCJ is an indictable offense, triable by jury only in the Crown Court.

Ask yourself, "If I were a juror in this trial, would I convict Johnny motorist  for PCJ?"  :winky:

Aha, Scots Law doesnt let you away with that. Trial by Jury only in solemn proceedings here.

A Justice of the Peace would almost certainly find you guilty (up here anyway), they are strict/no nonsense. Keep hairspray away from your number plates when heading north...........

:lol:

Personally, drive safer and avoid the hassle...

Thats right....

When you get pinched, they take your details, prints, photos, DNA etc. And they are not supposed to do this until you are charged.....

All this gets sent off to CRO (Criminal Records Office)

AND

It's all supposed to be deleted in the event of an acquittal

BUT

In reality that doesn't happen  :crybaby:

C'mon Scarface or one of the other Feds, enlighten us  :question:

Again. you guys down south have it easy, avoid all trips north.

We can fingerprint/DNA/photograph and take other biological samples (?) when detained without the need to charge or arrest.

You are right though, in the event of being found not guilty, these must be destroyed. If they are not destroyed and were used at a future criminal trial, say the use of hairspray on your no. plate to deliberately avoid prosecution and attempting to pervert the course of justice, the evidence would be inadmissable.

:winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links