Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've recently purchased a 1999 GS300 SE and it has a car phone bracket inserted between the edge of the console and the radio/sat nav unit. I want to remove this and i'm assuming that i'll need to remove the radio/sat nav unit to get to it.

I've tried searching for instructions on how to do this, but couldn't find any on teh site so apologies in advance if i've missed them.

Also, does abody know if MkII GS radios have a code?

Cheers,

Sandeep

Ive never removed my radio/satnav

but it doesnt have a code unless one has been manually set, you can set it up yourself in one of the menu's under security

if it has not been set then you should be able to remove it no problem

Ive had my Battery changed on mine and it was all ok.

I've recently purchased a 1999 GS300 SE and it has a car phone bracket inserted between the edge of the console and the radio/sat nav unit.  I want to remove this and i'm assuming that i'll need to remove the radio/sat nav unit to get to it.

I've tried searching for instructions on how to do this, but couldn't find any on teh site so apologies in advance if i've missed them.

Also, does abody know if MkII GS radios have a code?

Cheers,

Sandeep

Hiya - it's very easy to remove.

1. Pull out the top heater vent and disconnect the plugs for the clock and hazard switch - just lever it out carefully with a small screwdriver.

2. Pull out the ashtray assembly - just give it a good pull and it will come out.

3. The whole radio / nav unit is held in with 4 10mm bolts - you'll see them, two at the top and two at the bottom.

Then it all comes out.

Yell if you get stuck.

The GS-2 DOES have the facility for the radio code - it'll be on the security menu if it is set. I suspect you'll find that you won't need to take any wires off the radio though in order to get your phone bracket out, so it may not be a problem anyways.

Cheers guys - I've give it a go oevr the weekend.

While i'm on the subject of sat nav, does anyone know if individual trim parts are available. The car that i've purchased is in great condition, but the only thing that is cracked is the small shiny plastic piece that sits around the sat nav screen. It's almost like a filler piece of plastic between the front of the console and the actual screen.

If this trim piece cannot be purchased on it's own, does anybody know how esay it is to get that bit out so that it can be repaired?

Cheers,

Sandeep

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links