Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey all, just had the misfortune of having a stone hit my headlight, either that or someones taking pot shots at me/my car. Its put a hole in the lens and cracked the lens from top to bottom diagonally.

Does anyone have one for sale, or know of anywhere i could get one from fairly cheaply, i'm a bit strapped for cash atm, also anyone know how much lexus thieves would want for a brand new one, i understand they will probably sell the whole unit, but i only need the glass lens, i can remove and transfer most of the other gubbins.

Also, just a quick question, how easy is it to replace a headlight unit on the MK1 gs300, do you have to removed the front bumper? :tomato:

Well the chances are Swift will have one, second hand that is, to remove the light unit, you don't have to remove the bumper but you'll need to loosen the front 3 screws that sit in-front of the rad. Then remove the fixing nuts for the main unit leaving the indicator where it is. Then slide the light out being very carefull about the bumper and not marking it.

You can remove the lens but it may be worth while just getting a complete unit and breaking the seal, it's difficult to get a nice and near invisable seal

BR

Paul

Cheers for the reply norkep, i was thinking of either buying one brand new, but lexus service didn't want to answer the phone, so try back in a bit, just out of curiosity, or i was thinking of buying a second hand unit. Hadn't really given much thought about replacing just the glass, not got the time to be messing around at the moment. Besides it would look crap if i even attempted it.

I'm just gonna have a look at it, see if i can figure out how to remove it with your instructions, i thought there might have been bolts behind the bumper at the bottom of the lens unit, as there is on honda's, they are a nightmare to get them off, but at least one sounds easier

I've also sent an email to Swift lexus spares, and they have one complete unit with the headlight leveling motor for £75, so i'll probably just buy that and be done with it

Thanks again

Paul

p.s I could swear my car is a stone magnet, the windows been hit, the lights just been hit, either that or someone is taking pot shots at me, still not replaced the windscreen yet...

Right, ordered a 2nd hand headlight from swift lexus spares, should be here on thursday, hopefully be as good a replacement as mine was on the car. Just out of curiosity, have any of you noticed the bottom edge of the light as in the pictures on my link below, have yours also chipped where the grey paint? is round the bottom. Also for those who are intrested you can also see the hole in the headlight and how badly its cracked, even though strangely i never saw a stone, and never even heard it, can only assume it was on monday when i was travelling back from nottingham down a dual carriageway.

Headlight click here

Thanks

Paul

Ok, i've just tried like hell to get my drivers side headlight off, it was fixed by two bolts on top, on on the bumper to the right of the headlight, and on bolt under the indicator, so had to remove the indicator, and the plastic clip in the front wing, the light is now lose, but i can't just pull it out, it seems to be wedged in behind the bumper....

yes this is what i found and very hard to get it out without damaging bumper .i just kept trying and they came out in the end but i took of the relays that are bolted to the side of the lamp housing and left them loose to refit them

I've got it off now, it is very difficult to remove, some reason it just popped out a bit, whilst i wasn't particularly watching, and got stuck on a wiring connector bracket which i removed with a screwdriver and it came of with ease. just hoping i don't have to mess about with all the angles on the second hand one i'm getting delievered tomorrow :duh:

The 2nd gs300 light arrived today from swift lexus spares, quite hapy with the sevice, and the speakers they sent me, unfortunately the Light unit although the exterior is ok, slight chip on the glass where the indicator fits over, the projector lens inside it for the hb4 bulb has a chip on it, and theres fragments inside the lens, I haven't a clue how this happened, and they will give me a full refund, so I'll send it off asap.

The thing is now i still need a drivers side headlight for my GS300 MKI, so if anyone knows where theres one breaking, with a good condition drivers side headlight, could you let me know.

Thanks

Paul

P.s. Swift lexus parts don't have another drivers side unit in stock, thats why I still have a problem... If anyone knows how much a new one is from lexus (£400 possibly) could you let me know, also lexus nottingham's computer system is down atm, and i'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, for those of you who may want to know, I've just ordered a brand new lens (on its own, no bulbs etc) from lexus, so i'll have to transfer all the bits across, just hoping its not just the glass front cover... But it was a fairly respectable £113.14 inc VAT or with all the bulbs and wiring harness £154.01 including VAT, so i though the cheaper option would be better, hopefully it'll be easy to sort out

Cheers for any help offered

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links