Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Pads Spring

yemgi

I have just changed my front brakes and I have found that the right hand side had not the little spring between the pads.

Is it necessary to have one or should I leave it has it is and it has been for about 3 years at least ?

When I did my discs and pads I found I had some bits left over - the springs from one side. I did put them back on. "I did my own brakes but had some bits left over" seems to worry people when they get a lift... :D

Im missing one of the small clips that helps the pads move back off of the discs when you come off the brakes......does anyone know if these can be bought on there own or do i need to buy a set of brake pads to get hold of the small clip????

Jason :)

The Mintex pads had no springs. What I don't understand is there was a spring only on the left side pads, not on the right ones. I don't have anything left or lost, it was not there when I opened the caliper :blink:

What I would like to know is if it will damage the disc / pads not to have it ?

looking at the disc after a week of use, it seems the spring make the pad apply on its whole surface and not only the top of it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links