Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 For £7k

I have about 7k to spend and wish to get an early IS200, whats your opinions of the best spec to go for, higher spec and higher mileage, or lower spec and lower mileage? Anything to worry about on an older engine and how about imports are parts easy to get? I'm looking to mod the car eventually, but as i'm no mechanic it'll be mostly cosmetic at first.

Look on autotrader some good deals going for about 7.5k with decent mileage around about 60-80k. Nothing for a lex. Good luck

Have been looking, seen a few nice ones, just wondered how important the mileage is, if i'm prepared to put up with nearly 100k miles I can get a sport or navigator, otherwise i'm stuck with the S.

1999 LEXUS IS 2.0 SE 4dr [Navigator] Saloon,

Petrol, 49,000 miles, . Black. PAS, Navigation system, Heated front seats, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Drivers airbag, Passenger airbag.With FLSH. Just had a full service and MOT at Lexus dealership. £7,695 . ono.

Tel: 0113 2637479 or 07905 217140

Distance: 95 miles

Price: £7,695 ono.

1999 LEXUS IS 2.0 SE 4dr [Parking] Saloon,

58,000 miles, . V reg Manual saloon petrol platinum ice silver met lexus IS 2.0SE. full service history, 58k miles, half leather interior, full electrics, 6 cd autochanger, 11 months mot and taxed till august. alloys recently refurbished, excellent example. £7,395 . ono.

Tel: 07976 918287 or 01782 751341

Email: Email Advertiser

Distance: 46 miles

Price: £7,395 ono.

2000 LEXUS IS 2.0 SE 4dr Saloon,

Petrol, 84,000 miles, . Silver. MOT FEB 06, PAS, ABS, FSH, Air conditioning, 17" Alloy wheels, Climate control, Drivers airbag, Heated seats, Remote Controlled Alarm, Elec sunroof, Elec mirrors/windows, 6CD radio cassette. Very clean car must be seen. £7,250 . ONO.

Tel: 07967 494681

Distance: 87 miles

Price: £7,250

1999 LEXUS IS 2.0 SE 4dr Auto Saloon,

Petrol, 82,000 miles, . Silver. PAS, Cruise control, Heated front seat, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Drivers airbag, Passenger airbag. Average condition, BARGAIN!. £6,895 . ono.

Tel: 0161 6138055 or 07921 776440

Distance: 75 miles

Price: £6,895 ono

These are off autotrader, you can easily get a few hundred knocked of these. Def go for a se, try to look for something under 80k to avoid the cambelt and big service costs.

Good luck

Buy my 2000 (XReg) Sport 43k full lex s/history full closure,TTE f/bumper for 9.5k

:D

I would do, but won't the car be waterlogged? IS200's were not made for driving underwater by sponges, amazed you got 43k out of it.

9.5k is a little too much for me right now, even if it was supercharged with 200 miles on the clock.

You would be better off getting a higher mileage SE than a S.. both from value for money and resale value.

You would miss the extra toys if you didnt have them I'm sure.

Also, look for younger, but higher mileage cars - a regularly serviced car will easily do 200K as long as its been looked after.

You would be better off getting a higher mileage SE than a S.. both from value for money and resale value.

You would miss the extra toys if you didnt have them I'm sure.

Also, look for younger, but higher mileage cars - a regularly serviced car will easily do 200K as long as its been looked after.

Thats what I was thinking, and I love toys, 120k car should be fine, and I should be able to get a sport for £7k. Although from what I believe there isn't too much different from the SE to the sport (spoiler and exhaust tip?).

And lower suspension,lsd,alloy pedals,authentic sport sticker in the rear quarters,spoiler,zorst tip,two tone s/wheel,alloy scuff plates and of course tinted windows from the rear passenger cabin....2 out of 8 aint bad?

All your questions answered here.

:D  :D

:blush: oops, I believed the tinted glass and alloy pedals were standard in the se, looked in glasses guide checkbook for the specs, I actually not so keen on the two-tone steering wheel. Had no idea about the others, I know i'm going to look a fool for saying this, but isn't lsd the inspiration for the 60's? I now really want the sport, is the navigator based on the se with satnav?

1999 LEXUS IS 2.0 SE 4dr [Navigator] Saloon,

T reg, platnium Silver, 2 owners, full lexus service history, 6 speed manual, black leather/alcantara, sat/navigation system, 17" alloys, heated front seat, electric seats, electric sunroof, privacy glass, multi 6 cd player, traction control, air conditioning, climate control, snow pack, front fog lights, front light washers, e/w, e/m, e/f/m, r/c/l, abs, pas, 3x3 point rear seat belts, drivers airbag, passenger airbag, alarm/immobiliser, excellent condition, not to be missed, viewing essential, hpi clear, up on miles hence, cheapest ever, hurry, bargarn, may p/x. £5,950.

The vehicle has done 126,000 miles, and its a trader who is selling it, so he must have bought it for less.

What do you think, it doesn't seem a lot of money, even with the mileage and it makes me a little suspicious.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links