Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto?

I'm a lazy soab and I've always liked automtic cars. I'm in the market for an older IS200 and wondering whether I should consider an automatic. I'd love the tiptronic, but I gather this is not avaiable until the later models?

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! :D

Alot of IS200 guys have the automatic gearbox and seem pleased withn them. I have sat in an automatic IS200 and it seems to be really smooth.

Never driven an Auto IS200 so I can't really say how it compares to others. I *THINK* that the IS200 Auto is in a lower insurance group too! ;)

I drive the 6 speed manual and a few problems have been reported with the gearbox being "clunky" sometimes. Personally I have never really had any trouble with it - apart from a slight j e r k changing from 1-2 when the car is cold - this soon passes. :)

Some one more experienced with autos will be here to give you more info soon.

The Auto also has a lower top-speed.

Enjoy your stay. :D :D

I'm not so sure I am that bothered about being able to double the speed limit, as long as it gets to crusing speed in a decent amount of time. I have only been on an autobahn once, and i'm not planning on making that journey again anytime soon.

Thanks for the welcome, i'm sure i'll enjoy my stay and I recon it will be a long one. Think i've found my car, and yes it is an automatic. Slightly more than I was looking to spend, but its genuine with full lexus service history. Only thing is its slate grey, not sure about how good grey looks. Anyway, I have to wait till tuesday to find out if its mine.

I'm not so sure I am that bothered about being able to double the speed limit, as long as it gets to crusing speed in a decent amount of time. I have only been on an autobahn once, and i'm not planning on making that journey again anytime soon.

Thanks for the welcome, i'm sure i'll enjoy my stay and I recon it will be a long one. Think i've found my car, and yes it is an automatic. Slightly more than I was looking to spend, but its genuine with full lexus service history. Only thing is its slate grey, not sure about how good grey looks. Anyway, I have to wait till tuesday to find out if its mine.

Good Luck Mate! :D

The "Slade Grey" you are referring to is the Lexus Colour Granite Sky I think? (Unless they have a new colour out? :duh: )

It looks really nice when clean. OBVIOUSLY not as nice as Kensington Green! :whistling: (But I am going to say that -thats my colour :lol:)

Good Luck Mate! :D

The "Slade Grey" you are referring to is the Lexus Colour Granite Sky I think? (Unless they have a new colour out? :duh: )

It looks really nice when clean. OBVIOUSLY not as nice as Kensington Green! :whistling: (But I am going to say that -thats my colour :lol:)

To be honest the kensington green was my first choice, but you kensington guys want too much for your cars. The grey is much better than I expected, however it looks like I'll have to wait till tuesday to find out if its mine, damn i'm feeling impatient.

I'm also interested in doing a few things to my car, as there are a couple of black lexuses in my town (including a 2003 sport) so i need to do something to make it a little special without making it look daft. No idea what yet though.

:EDIT: believe your right about the colour.

Granite sky is the best colour ;)

My first Lex was an IS200 SE AUTO In Granite Sky, with cream interior ............ Auto all the way I say.

Although, If you want a bit more fun, then the manual is the one to get :D

Tiptronic, is only available on the IS300 :duh:

After I first had my Lexus i wished i'd gone for the auto. As its so comfortable to drive I didn't want the hassle of changing gears whilst cruising around the town.

Now i've had it supercharged and fitted a TRD quickshift, I wouldn't have it any other way. The fun to be had with a manual when you've got a bit more oomph in the car :D :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links