Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Computer Problem,can Any Experts Help Please?

Hi,

A few weeks back i had this problem,so i reinstalled XP Pro.Everything seemed fine for a week or two,now the same things back.

I run zonealarm firewall,Norton antivirus and winpatrol.

I keep getting a warning from winpatrol saying a program was to install..heres what i get..

%systemroot%\system32\dumper 0 -k

Ive not allowed it to install.The computers started to crash like it did a few weeks back with the same warning above.

Im not up to speed with computers so any help would be good.

Many thanks.

I'd just re-format and install again ......... to be on the safe side.

Then just don't use any websites or anything, untill your computer is fully protected.

I'd just re-format and install again ......... to be on the safe side.

Then just don't use any websites or anything, untill your computer is fully protected.

Thanks,thats what i did the other week,i made sure i had all the updates for XP and Norton,and since the last reinstall ive gone straight to windows update and Norton update before i look at anything on the web,i will run the problem now that brettster gave me the link for and let you know.

cheers chips.

chips, norton isnt that great at detecting stuff, it misses quite a lot.

try kaspersky.com, there is a free trial, try that and u might be surprised what it picks up, just remember to select maximum on the scan.

Is your XP a pukka copy or a developer one :question:

This may be what you got.

It's not worth the pain of running a pirate version of XP. Get the real thing.

You don't need Pro unless your on a work network. I would guess it's either a works copy or a pirate.

Buy the real deal of home edition. Then run all the MS updates you can take.

You will save the amount of money you've spent in the time alone!

I ran the stinger,it didnt say it found anything,i clicked on the link in the quote above,i didnt really understand any of it :mat:

:huh: sorry to sound stupid,whats the difference in developer or pukka copy?

Im not at all up to speed with these modern computers,the last one i owned was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k :blush: many years ago :blush:

Cheers chips.

:huh: sorry to sound stupid,whats the difference in developer or pukka copy?

Im not at all up to speed with these modern computers,the last one i owned was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k :blush: many years ago :blush:

Cheers chips.

Did you get the copy when you bough the computer from a computer shop. Or did you buy the CD from a computer shop and load it yourself. Or did you get a dodgy cd and load it?

Home Edition is the consumer edition, Proffesional Edition comes with extra network managment sh*t and othe stuff like that.

To find out follow this link and run the validation test.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtote...ws/default.mspx

It's not worth the pain of running a pirate version of XP. Get the real thing.

all depends what version u have, xp corporate pro works perfectly and updates no prob- as long as u have a proper key

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links