Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got Car ! Tried Everything Still Bubbling

He said pop the car back for a refund ! Hmm now what if its just the water pump ?? I did get the car for a snip at £2k anyway ! Might get it into Toyota tomorow to check out will they be familiar with these ? or better of going to LEX ?

Might get it into Toyota tomorow to check out will they be familiar with these ? or better of going to LEX ?

Down my way the Toyota and Lexus dealers are next door to each other,the Lexus dealer only Sales cars,But if you have any work done service etc etc,then your Lexus is done in the Toyota workshop :lol: and at over £100 an hour you,Sorry the car really has been done :D

Hope you get a result fella.

Cheers chips.

You can get a water pump from any motor factors, but id rule out a bhg first for def

as for the water pump i had a supra , (7mgte engine) , the same prob, water had no force round system , bought new rad,thermo and all that same as yours, ended up the impellors had just warn that much it wasnt doing anything aparantly not using proper coolant can cause this but not 100% sure on that one, had it sniff tested, no bhg, bought a new water pump for about 40£ took a few hours to fit, no probs again

but id suggest a sniff test first, if thats ok and u want to spend a bit more on it , get a new WP :)

Steve

Ryo, where were you at the start of this thread, if you've had a similar problem, and it turns out to be the water pump, it could've saved this poor bloke at lot of trouble. I hope it is just the water pump thats buggered and not the head gasket, be a shame to lose another GS300, you don't see that many of them driving about anyway :blink:

Hi guys,

Had a friend come round yesterday who use to re-con engines, we warmed her up and then he started to release pressure from the RAD CAP and guess what a lot of air came out and the THERMO started opening and the heater started working also. We continued to do this for 2 hours and topping up slowly as he said you got some air pockets bigtime ! so now the coolant still runs into the expansion tank with bubbles streaming (assuming this is from the air pockets) but it doesnt come back to the RAD. The coolant temp is fine and I can even dip my finger in the expansion tank its luke warm. Only thing worrying is a lot of white FROTH comes out when I take the RAD cap off, no overheating though at all.

I think I have major air pockets in the head and they push all the coolant from the radiator to the expansion tank and then further pockets of air stop the coolant coming back from the expansion tank so the RAD keeps requiring a top up and expansion tank becomes full.

There were clouds of smoke from the water vapour in the exhaust but it didnt smell of coolant or anything, just clean water no oil and he said its just running a bit rich.

Does this sound feasible ? I have to make a decision by next week wether to keep or her or return her, TOYOTA are booked up for a while !

Wheres the plug on the block to get the air out ?

I heard somewhere that if you jack the car (passenger) on one side and slowly release pressure from the rad cap that would help get the pockets of air out.

Hey just want to say you guys have been great so far and I really appreciate everyones contribution to my problem..If I could id buy you all a drink, maybe JAPFEST hey...No more Subaru to do the quarter mile with though :(

ive always been reading this topic , but it seemed to me that he was going to take it back to garage or get a "sniff test done"

lex if you want my advice bro, id do this pref in this order

1, take it to a garage and get a sniff test done and compression test, after this you can find out if the hg is gone,

the impellors do corrode on the water pump

im olny speaking on experiance, with the supra , they used to be really bad on head gasket failures, ive done a few and there a pain up the *****

the white froth , im not sure about but it dont sound good ;)

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/coolin...stem/index.html

another one to listen for is a gurgling behind dash,

if u want to catch me on msn so i can help "real" time my nick is

Ryoken_cbc@msndotcom

Steve

Hi guys,

Wheres the plug on the block to get the air out ?

I heard somewhere that if you jack the car (passenger) on one side and slowly release pressure from the rad cap  that would help get the pockets of air out.

The plug on the block could be a Core plug,there like a safety feature on any engine,like a bottle top shape.They normally pop out under high pressure or if water is in the engine instead of coolant when the water freezes it expands and pops them out rather than freeze inside and crack the waterways of the engine.On very old cars they used to have a drain tap near the RAD to change the coolant.

There does seem to be hope by the sounds of it fella :)

Cheers chips.

Thanks for the kind offer RYO and there is gurgling from behind the dash but getting less and less as I get more air out ! A friends previa had the gurgling dash turned out to be an airlock and was cured by Toyota !

@ chips yep I was looking for the drain plug on the head im gonna try find it as my mate suggested the other day.

I didnt get the car from a garage but from a private trader and quite a decent chap, he's 80 miles away though and he has offered to take the car back and a full refund but I told him wont be till next week now he was ok with it. So basically I got some time to diagnose the problem. Just trying to get a decent garage to do the sniff test !

Before the RAD was stone cold but after my mate bled some air out and the rad is now getting hot !

Hmmm was looking at a GS300 sport MK1 the other day on eBay in blue Niceeeeee ! I think I will get another Lex if this one dont work out but this time take it for a proper blast and make sure the historys upto date !

OK thats it, ive had enough !

Now it sounds really rough for the first time a bit like the CAT or Exhaust has blown ! rattling churning sound towards the front ! Im taking my RAD off and all the bits and as someone said b4 "backheeling it to the trader" ! :( points for trying to keep her alive !

I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT AND GIVING ME ADVICE, YOUR A GREAT BUNCH AND I WILL BE BACK AND UPDATE YOU ALL ! @ CHIPS I WILL SORT THAT CONTACT OUT FOR YOU ON MONDAY MATE ! BACK TO THE AUTOTRADER IN THE HUNT FOR LEX, THIS TIME I WANT CREAM LEATHERS LOL

:( Sorry to hear you're finally giving up, but at least you can buy a sport with full history and cream leather, if you buy the right car, you'll not have any problems. Hope to see you back with a new motor very soon

Shes gone guys, bit sad seeing it on tow by the AA (see pic below) and had to follow it 70 miles, got a full refund ! Just want to say thanks to everyone who offered to lend a hand !

The AA man couldnt help enough he even did a sniff test for me and it turned out the liquid did change colour very slowly and only slightly ! the engine rattles was as a result of the drive belt slipping on crap the rollers had built up ! he yanked the belt hard and the noises went away :crying: I will be back hopefully with a GS300 SPORT B) Hmm if I dont spend the money lol

BIG BIG THANKS TO THE MEMBERS OF LEXUSOWNERSCLUB YOUR A GREAT BUNCH !

NOW HERES A SIGHT YOU DONT SEE OFTEN !

byebyelex.jpg

Hi Guys,

Thanks again..

I did phone the trader up and told him I dont mind spending a little bit on the car (water pump etc) but if its a headgasket problem im going to want him to sort it..He was quite nice about it and said see how you get on and if its major I will sort something out, im gonna get a bit out of him anyway.

I got it for a good price and im a fair person hence my patience and I know when the cars done fully it will be a dream..

I fitted a radiator today brand new and guess what ! the bloody radiator stays COLD, the thermo dont open and the engine gets really hot when touching it(needle stays in middle), the bottom pipe still stays cold and the top pipe gets piping hot, the bottom pipe is cold but you can feel a lot of pressure in the pipe ! Its like theres no circulation (water pump?) and there is a bearing gone on one of the pulleys so which pulley is the water pump behind ? fan pulley ?

Chips I tried the trick you suggested and theres not much movement in the water when reving the engine !

What pushes the water around the system ? does the water pump just aid the circulation or is it the sole contributor of the circulation ?

My mechanic cant look at it for a while he's very busy hence why im trying to find answers in the meantime, and I dont trust the other cowboys.

PS: Anyone looking for a rad PM me I will get you in touch with someone, its the least I can do for your contributions.

could be an airlock i've had pretty much that effect in another car but must admit it did overheat too. I have found with the waterpumps i have had go on me they leak before they stop working altogether and have you seen about filling the radiator up with the correct fluid as you shouldn't use just a water antifreeze mix there is a specific toyota fluid and constantly dropping and refilling that could get expensive

It is definitely the water pump. I have had exactly the same problem on a (engage shame mode) Triumph TR7. It was actually the jack shaft wearing out the drive to the pump. To answer your earlier question: YES the water pump is the only thing driving the water around your engine (apart from a little thermal circulation i.e. hot water rising through the system).

I wouldn't reccomend driving the car until this problem is sorted out as you will cook the engine.

It is definitely the water pump. I have had exactly the same problem on a (engage shame mode) Triumph TR7. It was actually the jack shaft wearing out the drive to the pump. To answer your earlier question:  YES the water pump is the only thing driving the water around your engine (apart from a little thermal circulation i.e. hot water rising through the system).

I wouldn't reccomend driving the car until this problem is sorted out as you will cook the engine.

Thanks for your info,but he sent the car back and got a refund :)

I also owned a TR7 :blush: ,worst car i ever owned always troublesome :angry:

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links