Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Headlights

If it's the same as the IS then it's fine ...........

They only go off when you open your drivers side door, to prevent battery drain ........

Why don't they go off when you turn the key off or say after 2mins. it's so annoying whenever you pull up you have to open the door.

On the IS you just turn the light switch to the off position. Could be the same on the RX.

I think he means without actually using the stalk mate ................. :duh:

Mine is on the "auto" position and stay on untill drivers door open... can't see the issue with this ?

Like has been said otherwise use the off position on the stalk..not exactly such a big chore ??

But they do turn themselves off...once you open the door. Maybe I'm missing something but to me they work fine.

:D But when you pull up, you don't always want to get out straight away. Interior lights go on and off automaticly, why not headlights?

To be honest I'm happy with the way they function, can't see any issue with them staying on till door open ?

Think you're stuck with this function whether you want it or not I'm afraid.

I can't think of a sensible reason why I would want to drive up to somewhere at night, turn the ignition off and then not get out (I can think of 'other' suggestions).

If I did want to stay in the car, in the dark, without the key in the ignition then I think turning the stalk wouldn't be too much trouble.

I can't think of a sensible reason why I would want to drive up to somewhere at night, turn the ignition off and then not get out (I can think of 'other' suggestions).

If I did want to stay in the car, in the dark, without the key in the ignition then I think turning the stalk wouldn't be too much trouble.

C'mon you Lexus owners, you can't honestly believe it's a great idea to open the door to turn the lights off!!!!!! or do you.

C'mon you Lexus owners, you can't honestly believe it's a great idea to open the door to turn the lights off!!!!!! or do you.

It can get annoying at times .... I agree.

But what do YOU suggest should be in place to fix this ?

It can get annoying at times .... I agree.

But what do YOU suggest should be in place to fix this ?

Hi Scarface, you seem to understand where i'm coming from. I don't know what the answer is, perhaps a timer, say, 1min after you cut the engine the lights go out. After trying to impress my friend with all the Lexus luxury etc on my RX he thought it quite funny that you had to open the door to to turn the lights off.

How about roll the window down,

pop the bonnet,

take some wire clippers,

jump out the window,

open the bonnet,

cut the wire to the Battery,

get back into the car.....

Nope have to agree with the masses here

99% of the time stop car and get out

1% of the time switch stalk to off and back to auto again...

That is of course unless you are a private investigator pulling up outside people’s houses and spying on them whilst eating doughnuts? :winky:

:D

How about roll the window down,

pop the bonnet,

take some wire clippers,

jump out the window,

open the bonnet,

cut the wire to the battery,

get back into the car.....

Nope have to agree with the masses here

99% of the time stop car and get out

1% of the time switch stalk to off and back to auto again...

That is of course unless you are a private investigator pulling up outside people’s houses and spying on them whilst eating doughnuts?  :winky:

:D Nice one John.

Maybe ................. if someone like Pro-Lex UK ;) .......... was to make a module ..... say for example.

You turn the engine off ........ and it works on a relay ........... after 45 seconds, the lights turn off too !

That would be a good idea .................... B)

Maybe ................. if someone like Pro-Lex UK  ;)  .......... was to make a module ..... say for example.

You turn the engine off ........ and it works on a relay ........... after 45 seconds, the lights turn off too !

That would be a good idea ....................  B)

That would be a great idea.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links