Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wheel Alignment Check Please

pobrown

I've just had my wheel alignment done at Lexus Sheffield. A scan of the printout I received is below. However, I not sure about two of the figures in the 'after adjustment' column have a * after them.

The car feels much better than it did, and hopefully I won't end up with the insides of my front tyres being bald again.

Thanks

Phil

wheel.jpg

The geom looks good :D the reason for the * is that two angles are out of tolerance

The OSF Castor has a max of 6deg 37' but sits @ 6deg 48'* ( not a problem )

The OSF KPI has a min of 8deg 55' but sits @ 8deg 53'* ( not a problem )

Now i need to "Burst" your bubble :crybaby: the before readings show no reason why the front tyres should have any adverse wear? if you have no "mods" on the car like lowerd suspension or wider wheels then will become another victim of the "LEXUS" tyre wear X files. Let me explain: first Lexus Sheffield have done nothing wrong, they have only gone "by the book" and to be fair done a good job, "BUT" the IS has a very fluid geometry that tends to rest near to the max 1degree negative dynamicly, the 30' static position is "wrong" add to this your driving style % town/ motorway then the geometry cannot be conciderd a matter of fact. With the involvment i have had with LOC in every case the geometry has had to be manufactured and unique to the owner, and even then "closely" monitored....All reads a bit depressing sorry :crybaby: Lets start again do you have any mods on the car :unsure:

Just looked in his garage for you Tony and pobrown only has 2 mods.

1) different bulbs

2) parking sensors.

So no mods that would affect the handling. :D..unless he hasn't updated his garage details.

You know what Pete, i wonder would LEXUS ever confess to this geometry mess! So meny people W/W suffer and i'm sure it costs "lives" let alone the £ss in tyres, how can it be that "little" me can capture the reason why but the big guns ring silent.

Coz they (Lexus) dont have the time to adjust...correct geometry setting on a personal basis.............thats why we come to you :D

I'm not going anywhere else as long as i have the IS

Thanks for that "support".....still i wonder and worry...( LEXUS ) you watch this forum, "what" have you got to say :excl:

Tony,

Thanks for the feedback. At least I know that a good job of the alignment has been done. I've fitted two new Bridgestone RE040's to the front yesterday so I will keep an eye on them to see if I start getting inside wear again.

The car is a December 2001 IS200 SE Auto, now with 41000 miles.

There are no mods to the car that would affect handling. I'm not really into that kind of thing, or if I'm 100% honest, I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to modifying cars. I like my IS as it is (and am now just waiting for the IS250 to come out :D )

My driving style can only be described as a normal, average 'go to work every day' kind of style. I don't drive fast or take corners at speed. I drive 5 miles each way to work every day through the local villages. Use the motorway 2-3 times per month to go about 12 miles shopping etc.

For those that are interested, the alignment cost £65+VAT. I forgot about asking for an LOC discount until I got home and logged onto the site :blush: (and I should be punished for not carrying my LOC card with me).

Cheers

Phil

PS: Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Watford some time - sounds like it would be worth it.

Tony,

Thanks for the feedback.  At least I know that a good job of the alignment has been done.  I've fitted two new Bridgestone RE040's to the front yesterday so I will keep an eye on them to see if I start getting inside wear again.

The car is a December 2001 IS200 SE Auto, now with 41000 miles.

There are no mods to the car that would affect handling.  I'm not really into that kind of thing, or if I'm 100% honest, I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to modifying cars.  I like my IS as it is (and am now just waiting for the IS250 to come out  :D )

My driving style can only be described as a normal, average 'go to work every day' kind of style.  I don't drive fast or take corners at speed.  I drive 5 miles each way to work every day through the local villages.  Use the motorway 2-3 times per month to go about 12 miles shopping etc.

For those that are interested, the alignment cost £65+VAT.  I forgot about asking for an LOC discount until I got home and logged onto the site  :blush:  (and I should be punished for not carrying my LOC card with me).

Cheers

Phil

PS: Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Watford some time - sounds like it would be worth it.

"Nah" just keep an eye on the inners, if things do go wrong we can take if from there. The ? with your report was geometricaly there was no problem :unsure: so why the tyre wear!...eyes wide "stay safe"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links