Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400 Review (ish)

Typical motoring journalist - totally out of touch with reality!

1. Who cares if it's not quite as frugal on the gas as the manufacturer claims? At least it's a significant step in the right direction. Unlike BMW & Mercedes who seem hell bent on offering larger and larger gas guzzling engines (I mean you can buy a 4.8 litre X5 that BMW claims does 20mpg - BS! especially as all it does is take kids to school & back)

2. Errr what exactly does "inspiring to drive" mean. It's a 4x4 not a frikkin race car! You get in it, turn it on and it goes where you point it. Quietly. Comfortably. Without fuss. Without falling to bits. It looks nice. It makes you feel good. It uses less gas than it's counterparts & produces less CO2. It doesn't ram it's image down everyones throat. Oh, so that's not "inspiring" eh? And I suppose the gas-guzzling, look-at-me, get-outta-my-way, every-mindless-twerp-has-got-one X5 is inspiring? In that case, give me uninspiring any day!

3. Give that motoring journalist the rest of his life and he still couldn't come up with a car that was even 5% as good as a Lexus. But hey, it's fashionable and it makes him feel big to drone on for paragraph after paragraph of how dull a Lexus is.

4. "its CO2 emissions don't even qualify it for a reduction in vehicle excise duty". Excuse me, that's not down to the car it's solely down to the thieving bar-stewards who pretend to be our government, ditching incentives so they can make more revenue.

5. "We don't like - interior space"??? What? Three adults in comfort across the back? Look, the RX does what it does - if you want a bus, go buy a bus!! For that matter if you want off-road prowess, go buy a tank!

6. How lame is it to criticize Toyota for i) trying to develop greener cars, and ii) testing the market by first releasing them in its Lexus range where, if anything, customers are even more critical and discerning? Token environmentalism? Ok, let's all stop recycling plastics, paper, glass etc., because after all what each individual does is only a "token effort". Let's conveniently ignore something called 'cumulative effect'. At least the corporate conscience at Lexus has seen fit to look at the environmental issue, do the work and make a start.

I suppose he'll be slagging off the GS450h too when that appears.

Ok, I am not a tree-hugging eco warrior and my IS and Soarer both chew thru fuel like there's no tomorrow, but at least I don't publicly knock those who chose to try and do a little to help the environment - it's not clever (unless you're Billy Connolly) :P

Rant over... (crikey, I must be bored today!) :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links