Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys/girls,

I have wanted to buy the new Gs 300 when a sports version comes up for sale. i would have to wait a couple more months for a 2nd hand version to come on the market, but now I have heard about the GS 450 HYBRId.

From what I have read I feel really sorry for those who have now purchased the 2005 GS. My best friedn has my sympathies.

The GS 300 HYBRID according to the article will burn the same amount of petrol as a 2 litre family car, but have the peformance of the GS 430 V8.

If that is the case I am happy to wait for that to hit the road. It means increased performnace with lower fuel consumption. those two things never went together before.

does anyone feel the same having read the article.

but it'll probably cost more than either of the existing models so everyone can be happy again!

That is true but if the fuel consumption is as they say you will be laughing everytime you go to fill up, which should not be that often.

I carried my MK II GS 300 in for body repair once and they gave me a Yaris. No comparison to a GS 300 but I could not see the petrol gauge going down and the bills in my pocket stayed there for an entire week. I had to rush Lexus to give me back my car before i got used to the savings on petrol.

If I can get the performance of a V8 with the consumption of a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine, I would probably do what the bloke did in the Passat advert, picked up hitchikers and took them wherever they were going just for the sake of it.

:) Hi Guys, as you know I have bought the new GS300SE, my fuel consumption so far is : around town 29 MPG, motorway runs at 85/90, 34.3MPG, IF and thats a big IF, the new 450h with the 3.5LTR engine can match or better the MPG I get now. I will consider buying one. :) , but from what I have seen on the US feed-back, the car looks almost the same as the model I have (same as the RX300-RX400h)I wonder if I will be keen to spend 40K on the same car!!!, Others are bringing out similar technology over the new year, some are using diesel/hybreds, so lets see what the competion offers also. :whistling:

:) Hi Guys, as you know I have bought the new GS300SE, my fuel consumption so far is : around town 29 MPG, motorway runs at 85/90, 34.3MPG, IF and thats a big IF, the new 450h with the 3.5LTR engine can match or better the MPG I get now. I will consider buying one. :) , but from what I have seen on the US feed-back, the car looks almost the same as the model I have (same as the RX300-RX400h)I wonder if I will be keen to spend 40K on the same car!!!, Others are bringing out similar technology over the new year, some are using diesel/hybreds, so lets see what the competion offers also. :whistling:

that is true, I am sure Lexus is not going to be the only manufacturer bringing out new Hybrids, so the entire car market may be changing alot in the near future. Lexus may have got the first foot in the door before the rest of them.

As I can easily spend £60 per week (7 days) on petrol and i know I could invest this money somewhere else, i will be waiting to see what the Hybrids have to offer.

that is true, I am sure Lexus is not going to be the only manufacturer bringing out new Hybrids, so the entire car market may be changing alot in the near future. Lexus may have got the first foot in the door before the rest of them.

As I can easily spend £60 per week (7 days) on petrol and i know I could invest this money somewhere else, i will be waiting to see what the Hybrids have to offer.

And just ot add, it is not just the fuel consumption but your GS 300 will perform like the GS430 V8.

I am sure if petrol was alot cheaper most of us would be buying the GS 430 rather than the 300. So now you would be able to save petrol and have a faster car. 0 - 60mph in under 6 seconds. i would look forward to that.

:P Yes I like the sound of 0-60 in under 6 secs, I wonder if it's nearer 5.5 WOW. :driving:

The reprot which i believe is on the home page of this site said substantially under 6 seconds. If that is the case then maybe we will have a true sports lexus. I so wish Lexus had an answer to the M5's and the AMG's of this world.

:P Yes I like the sound of 0-60 in under 6 secs, I wonder if it's nearer 5.5 WOW. :driving:

The reprot which i believe is on the home page of this site said substantially under 6 seconds. If that is the case then maybe we will have a true sports lexus. I so wish Lexus had an answer to the M5's and the AMG's of this world.

:huh: I wish that also, but that's not what LEXUS has been about has it!, only now is it trying to change it's image, The LS for example needs drastic cosmetics, the shape is very dated (90's) so only the older generation seem to be keen on them. Now if it was to take on the looks of say the new Jaguar concept Coup, well I would start to show serious interest, Ha Ha :lol:

I do not know if the GS450h will be launched in the UK :unsure:

The GS 300 HYBRID according to the article will burn the same amount of petrol as a 2 litre family car, but have the peformance of the GS 430 V8.

I would be highly sceptical of these claims.

Similar claims were made of the RX, and real life experience has proved them dramatically wrong. In fact, as Lexus got closer to launching the RX400h, they started really pulling back their expected mileage claims, and started ramping up the performance figures.

I would expect the GS450h to be very powerful - but not to have 2.0 l fuel consumption. The consumption will be good for the performance level - but not fabulous.

I do not know if the GS450h will be launched in the UK :unsure:

Hi Matthew, what makes you think that? :unsure:

I would find that strange as the Rx 400 which is elctrical/petrol is being launched here so it would makes sense to launch the GS 450h

Why wait for ever........

You can't beat driving around in a new GS430 now! :driving:

Although I have picked up my first speeding ticket in 12 years, erm... "testing" motorway cruise performance!

As for fuel economy, the gauge seems to have settled at circa 18-19 mpg on varied local/urban/motorway driving, at the end of the day if fuel economy is what sways it for you then perhaps you need a different smaller car.....

Just my couple of pence worth :D

Having just shelled out £47K on the GS430 the thought of a more economical version of the same car I already have is not something I'm going to lose sleep over..... and getting me to 60 a fraction quicker is not really a big deal, this one is sub 6 seconds if you really want to push your foot hard down, plenty good enough as some local BMW owners will testify to.... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links