Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

80k Service

Rang Lexus Leicester yesterday for a 80k serivce. Was quoted £429!!! Anybody got experience else where? Im not paying that, the car would lose that much money if I took to a independant garage.

Think that is robbery! :angry:

Please advise.

I’m just gonna add another question to this topic.

What do they check in the 60k service and what’s the approx cost, dealer or non dealer? Thinking of buying an IS200 near the 60k mileage and just worried it might cost me a fortune. Any ideas on costs would be great.

Ezz

I paid £460 for my 80k service at lexus sutton coldfield. It is expensive but it is in line with other manufacturers. The level of customer service was top notch and I was given a nice courtesty car too.

Oh well got to pay the costs to live the lifestyle....

I had the 80k done on my old SE at Lexus Hull.

Supplied own oil and got a requested SportCross courtesy car.

So got a service and a test drive in one hit!!

Cost me £230-odd.

Good service, nice guys, just a long way to go - but the In-Laws live there so tied it in with a visit to see them!!!

Matt

One thing paying above high prices but that sort of money for a service is a rip off. In all honestly you don't get alot for you're money. How come on the service menu I have its quotes £349 for a major service?

I know the biggest 2 are 60k and 100k service. 60k replace spark plugs and 100k cam belt change.

Im giving it serious thought to going independant for the same serive at a fraction of the cost. Many good independants now how diagnostic equipment and service manuals to manufactures standard.

How can anyone justify spending that on sevice.

I paid 554 pounds for an 80k service at Lexus Chester but that included replacing two lower ball joints and fettling the discs. 60K service was 500 plus but that included the cam belt. I'm hoping to have a service that does not include something expensive soon.

I paid 554 pounds for an 80k service at Lexus Chester but that included replacing two lower ball joints and fettling the discs. 60K service was 500 plus but that included the cam belt. I'm hoping to have a service that does not include something expensive soon.

Be enough to make me cry!! Serious money and its not like you ever get it back either. How come you had the cam belt done at 60k?

Had it done at my request. 60K is far enough to stretch one of those. I also have the oil and filter changed every 6 months or 5K miles as an extra to the service schedule. Careful is my middle name.

Hay -

I going to book my car for its 80k Service as well, i also getting prices from

480-550 mainly its over 500.

just a question, if i may -

Dose anyone know what the 80K Service carry out?

a breakdown of the duties they do/whats needed to do........

you know what i mean.....i would be greatful for the info/

thanks

A few months ago I was quoted £650 for a 120K service from Lexus Reading. With the car well out of warranty but running perfectly there was no way I could justify having it serviced by Lexus anymore....

...so with trepidation I booked it in last week to one of the Nationwide Autocentre chain backed by the AA.

Full service with new plugs, oil, topped-up fluids, 60+ point health check...

£168. Including MOT. And Tesco Clubcard points. Then...

20% off for AA membership then...

a further 2% off for American Express.

Independent makes sense once they're out of warranty. The guys had computer access to maintenance manuals specific to the IS200 and gave me the impression they knew what they were doing.

They were a little disappointed there was nothing wrong with the car that they could quote against saying "...well it is Japanese and it is a Lexus...!" :D

Minor Service - IS200 and IS300

(10,000 miles or 12 months - whichever is the sooner)

* Drain & replace engine oil (Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic) including 1 litre top up pack

* Replace oil filter and replace sump washer

* Check coolant, top up if required

* Replace key remote Battery

* Check & report on brake pads & discs

* Check & report on tyres and tyre tread depths, adjust pressures as required

* Check corrosion & body damage and report as required

* Check windscreen & wipers & top up washer fluid

* Check suspension ball joints & shock absorbers

* Inspect clutch fluid

* Inspect air filter, clean if required

* Check all lights for cracks and all bulbs are working

Major Serive

Minor Service - IS200 and IS300

(20,000 miles or 12 months - whichever is the sooner)

* Drain & replace engine oil (Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic) including 1 litre top up pack

* Replace oil filter and replace sump washer

* Check coolant, top up if required

* Replace key remote Battery

* Check & report on brake pads & discs

* Check & report on tyres and tyre tread depths, adjust pressures as required

* Check corrosion & body damage and report as required

* Check windscreen & wipers & top up washer fluid

* Check suspension ball joints & shock absorbers

* Inspect clutch fluid

* Inspect air filter, clean if required

* Check all lights for cracks and all bulbs are working

* Check alarm, power windows and central locking systems for correct operation

* Inspect exhaust system and mountings and check leaks

* Inspect fuel tank, lines and connections and vapour control

* Replace Diff Oil

* Replace Air Con filter

* Replace brake fluid

* Inspect drive shaft boot covers

* Check brake and clutch pipes for leaks and check connections

* Check power stering fluid and top up if needed

* Check drive belts for wear and deflection

* Check transmission oil

* Check brake and parking brake for free play and travel

* Check steering wheel free play and linkage for wear and security

Right, hope this helps peeps!! Was losing the will to live typing this out!! Might be an idea to pin this! :D

Hey thank Kazdul :D , been looking for this information for over 2 weeks now. i reckon a decent (trusted) local machanic should be able to do any of this easy.

Any body know were you can get hold of filters, oils etc for a good price?

Hey thank Kazdul :D , been looking for this information for over 2 weeks now. i reckon a decent (trusted) local machanic should be able to do any of this easy.

Any body know were you can get hold of filters, oils etc for a good price?

No drama matey, im just miffed about the prices! On the munu I have it quotes £349 for a major IS200 service as aspose to my recent phone call with them when I was quoted alot more!!

:driving:

Rang Lexus yesterday and asked them how much all the bits would be which they would use if they carried out the service, was quoted £103 which I think included my discount.

So they make £330 on the service!! Im in the wrong business me thinks!

• 7 months later...
Rang Lexus Leicester yesterday for a 80k serivce. Was quoted £429!!! Anybody got experience else where? Im not paying that, the car would lose that much money if I took to a independant garage.

Think that is robbery! :angry:

Please advise.

hehe

u wanna know what robbery is,, Lexus (bromley) called me @ home as they do, asking me how the misses & kids are, then asked me if i would like a 60k service. I said yea sure, by the way how much is it, the guy said, £945 lmao.!!!!! I asked him, "y so much" He replied, cam belt mate", hhmm I said, " er nah cam belt is 100k, "Oh yea erm sorry not cam belt I meant Timing belt" LMAO...! I said cam belt is timing belt lol, " erm nah mate not timing belt, I meant Alternator belt,,, should i go ahead & book that in for u "

I said ive got 2 words for u mate & put the phone down.

Called lexus in Brixton Hill, they quoted me £300......

i just done my sevice last week from lexus deal and cost me almost £600. The funny things was the people from the deal keep calling me and ask me to change this and change that. i guess they just try to make more money from us. Alos my car has got new front break pads and they told me my front break pads need to be change again. but i didn't listen to them . the only good thing was they borrow me the new IS220D to drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links