Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Need Your Help Guys!..and Dolls!

We have a "geometry" health check meet this Saturday at STS and i was asked by the "press" to remind them of the dates and times, yesterday i re-sent all the details of the meet and the picture that Bazza took from one of the members IS's tyres, the "unbelivable" one. Today anticipating responce from the press i got this.

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **

** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE**

deferred

Warning:message still undelivered after 4 hours

will keep trying untill message is 1 week old.

This reads "suspicious" to me. I am "not" confident with computers, but i "need" to know is this normal, i did wounder if the papers computers were offline, but i thought they were 24/7..?

no, it`ll keep doing it until 1 week-----------is it a hotmail account you`re sending to?

probably best to fire them off a fone call, and get them to confirm details and clear out their inbox......

1: i am a "plank" when it comes to computers

2: i use Outlook Express 6

3: my server is NTL

4: i need to relay this email asap to the press so that the members here at LOC know if the "press" will be at the meet or not.

1) can you send e-mail to other peeps addresses, if so your end is fine

2)what does the e-mail address end in eg mine is: *******@btinternet.com

if theres is something like ****@hotmail.com, then there is a size limit on that account which is quickly filled, but if it is a company address then the problem must be something different.

3) i don`t understand how you`re sending a press release to one address; i always had a massive group of contacts called "press", all with different e-mail addresses.

4)so i`m assuming you are sending 1 e-mail to multiple press people, (or 1 e-mail to just one person?--if so, its fone call time!!)

and if in doubt try a resend anyway!

1) can you send e-mail to other peeps addresses, if so your end is fine

2)what does the e-mail address end in eg mine is: *******@btinternet.com

if theres is something like ****@hotmail.com, then there is a size limit on that account which is quickly filled, but if it is a company address then the problem must be something different.

3) i don`t understand how you`re sending a press release to one address; i always had a massive group of contacts called "press", all with different e-mail addresses.

4)so i`m assuming you are sending 1 e-mail to multiple press people, (or 1 e-mail to just one person?--if so, its fone call time!!)

and if in doubt try a resend anyway!

1 mail to the local paper since the meet is local. i will re-send and see what happens

Tony, you aint done nothing wrong :D

sit tight, you're mail will eventually land in the recipients inbox.

ps: why is it you never hear a postman say "you do not need to resend this message, i will keep trying until i can fit it through the damn letterbox" LOL :blush:

Lotus Notes will issue this if the mail.box is full.

Thanks everyone, i have an ongoing battle with "spam" email. Every day i "block" the sender or refuse downloads from the host, problen is each time the name/ address is different so they get through. I want to set-up a email fillter but most of my email is from people who have never contacted me before, so "how" can the fillter remove the "spam" but not the customer.

Thanks everyone, i have an ongoing battle with "spam" email. Every day i "block" the sender or refuse downloads from the host, problen is each time the name/ address is different so they get through. I want to set-up a email fillter but most of my email is from people who have never contacted me before, so "how" can the fillter remove the "spam" but not the customer.

bayesian filters are very good, they learn the characteristics of your emails.

secondly a spoof filter for fake dns addressing would be a good way of detecting spam.

do you download your emails via POP3?

I'll answer that for Tony, as he will not have a clue bless ........

yes he does use POP3.

Tony, don't worry mate, I'll "sort you out" with some stuff ........... we'll chat On Saturday ! ;)

bayesian filters are very good, they learn the characteristics of your emails.

secondly a spoof filter for fake dns addressing would be a good way of detecting spam.

All this "down" load here, there i dont understand! why doesn't NTL have this fillter set-up? can i amend somthing in NTL without loseing unknown "new" customers. Dont forget i am "Mr Plank" with PC's.

yes he does use POP3.

Tony, don't worry mate, I'll "sort you out" with some stuff ........... we'll chat On Saturday ! ;)

Thanks mate......my head hurts, think i will lay down till Saturday.

yes he does use POP3.

hehe, drugs are not the answer....!

yes he does use POP3.

Today my only "high" are my children.

yes he does use POP3.

Today my only "high" are my children.

Aww bless, that's so sweet! :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links