Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crap Alloys

Matt A

ive got the standard alloys on my IS200 and they have blistered flaked and all sorts basicly they're f****d its only on the fronts ones tho. ive looked at others and they are the same too. if i fork out for some new wheels is the same thing gonna happen to them? also live in the sticks no decent car shops up here Halfords is about the best it gets does anyone know any good web sites who will deliver and of course cheap and one of a kind what nobody else will have. am i askin for too much?

Welcome to the world of Lexus Alloy Corrosion ............

A very common occurance ........... try running the "search" you will find the threads previously ! ;)

If you car is still under manufactors warranty, and you bought ir either new, or as a used approved car ......... you can get them replaced by your local Lexus dealer FREE ! :D

Oh ........ and welcome to LOC by the way .............

Forget standard, All jap wheels corrode like that :D

Try looking on the buy and sell section, Taz_1 is selling my old wheels, Konig Holes 18's with falken rubber on them, paid £1300 brand new, between me and Taz_1 done about 750 miles on them, must still have 6mm on tread, bargain for £650 :D

Strongly advise you but 'em :D

Note to Taz_1 - I want comission if these sell :winky:

ive got the standard alloys on my IS200 and they have blistered flaked and all sorts basicly they're f****d its only on the fronts ones tho. ive looked at others and they are the same too. if i fork out for some new wheels is the same thing gonna happen to them? also live in the sticks no decent car shops up here halfords is about the best it gets does anyone know any good web sites who will deliver and of course cheap and one of a kind what nobody else will have. am i askin for too much?

:huh:

ive got the standard alloys on my IS200 and they have blistered flaked and all sorts basicly they're f****d its only on the fronts ones tho. ive looked at others and they are the same too. if i fork out for some new wheels is the same thing gonna happen to them? also live in the sticks no decent car shops up here halfords is about the best it gets does anyone know any good web sites who will deliver and of course cheap and one of a kind what nobody else will have. am i askin for too much?

yes, i too had this problem and looked on this site for help. surprised to find how common it was. My alloys have all been changed now, but i must say, the ones fitted do not have the same finish as the original ones, which had a slight frosting on some part of the spoke, as far as I remember, but they are fine. just wondering if these too will corrode in time............. :huh:

Yes the wheels are prone to corrosion due to I believe the alloy that the Japanese use is not up to the conditions of the British weather and the use of salt on the roads.

I am on my 3rd set of wheels in 30 months. The last set only lasted 9 months an these were the refurbished ones. :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links