Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox Strength

icecrew

Sacrilege!!! Toyota is sharing a box with Honda?!?!?!? :arrrggg-matey:

:D Just kidding!!!!! :tomato:

So basically as I feared, I'm limited to 300HP if I use the 3SGTE? :-( I wanted to see 400HP like I did in my GT4 (before I detuned it to 350). Yes I'm ranting like a child! :D :D

So, my next question is: If I aspire to break the 300HP mark, then I need to look at the 1JZ/2JZ engine?

Thanks.

Sacrilege!!! Toyota is sharing a box with Honda?!?!?!?  :arrrggg-matey:

So basically as I feared, I'm limited to 300HP if I use the 3SGTE? :-( I wanted to see 400HP like I did in my GT4 (before I detuned it to 350). Yes I'm ranting like a child!  :D  :D

So, my next question is: If I aspire to break the 300HP mark, then I need to look at the 1JZ/2JZ engine?

Thanks.

I'll be running 400 bhp with my 1g-fe soon..........steel rods/forged pistons t28 turbo..........ported head.........and 100 shoy of NOS

will see how the box does :sick: got 2 spares :D

Wait wait wait! :-o

The 1GFE can be pushed to those limits?? Well you just opened another avenue for me! wohoooooo!! :driving:

[ok calm down!]

So? what shall it be?

1. Replace the 1GFE with the muscle-bound 3SGTE?

or

2. Give the 1GFE some of Popeye's spinach and make it as potent as the 3S?

Hmmmm ... decisions decisions :-)

Where'd you get the forged internals from tho? I was shying away from the 1G because I could find very little info/parts on it. Thanks for the "alternative route" :zee:

the con rods/pistons are available :whistling:

as are head mods.........lighten flywheels uprated clutched CAMCONs........turbo conversions............

all at prolex-uk.com :winky:

some other stuff which is :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

we also do bling :zee:

daveellen AT prolex-uk DOT com

can discuss privately what you may need !

Sacrilege!!! Toyota is sharing a box with Honda?!?!?!?  :arrrggg-matey:

So basically as I feared, I'm limited to 300HP if I use the 3SGTE? :-( I wanted to see 400HP like I did in my GT4 (before I detuned it to 350). Yes I'm ranting like a child!  :D  :D

Thanks.

I'll be running 400 bhp with my 1g-fe soon..........steel rods/forged pistons t28 turbo..........ported head.........and 100 shoy of NOS

will see how the box does :sick: got 2 spares :D

Go on ahead there Dave!!! :blink:

Hope you keep me informed on that one as you know I will hopefully be going for that setup next year. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links