Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Just bought a 1996 GS300 with faulty air con. When you press the AC switch on the dash the light comes on for a couple of seconds and you can see the engine revs increase on the tach however after a couple of seconds the revs decreases back to normal idle speed and at same time the AC light starts blinking. Had a mobile AirCon man come have a look it he recons it needs a new compressor. Does anyone know if this really is the case or is there anything else that might need looking at? There is enough gas in the system.

There is enough gas in the system as the air con man checked this and I know that the compressor doesnt work, what i'd like to know is if there is something else that might cause the compressor to fail to stay switched on, as currently it does come on for a couple of seconds and then automatically switches off. Just trying to avoid the big expense of replacing the compressor if at all possible.

The blinking light on the switch is telling you that the compressor is not working :winky:

Same on mine :tsktsk: had a new condensor and pipework last year only for the compressor to go :crybaby:

Lexus - £800 for a new one and £500 for a recon/exchange unit.

My aircon chap recons that he can get the same thing cheaper though from the original manufacturer.

There is enough gas in the system as the air con man checked this and I know that the compressor doesnt work, what i'd like to know is if there is something else that might cause the compressor to fail to stay switched on, as currently it does come on for a couple of seconds and then automatically switches off. Just trying to avoid the big expense of replacing the compressor if at all possible.

I think the system produces error codes to help diagnose the fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links