Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Help

JC Altezza

howdy all........

a month or so ago, i got a set of oz superleg's in 18, offset 40, wrapped in dunlops 225/40.....

ive noticed that the handeling has suffered a lot, she seems a lot more wallowly when turning quickly......

currently i only have the normal set up that comes with a 02 RS 200....with the 18's she sits fairly low but still has a lot of comfort.....

im leaving her in to get the tracking checked next week but does anyone know if this is normal???

secondly, to rectify this what do i need to do. this is my daily driver so ride comfort is essential....ive heard that the eibach's springs and the tte springs are very good and work with the standard shocks fine, so wud this be a good start or should i save up and get a new set up entirely......

any help is much appreciated......

Personally - it depends on how much you want to spend.

Up to £500 - TTE/Eibach springs and anti-roll bars.

Over £500 - Coilovers, Anti-roll-bars, chasis braces and strut braces.

hmm...

I would save and get coilovers - harsher ride I know but then if you wanted comfort you would have bought an IS?

anti roll bars seem to be the best bargain per buck for handling, get those then coilovers if you need later when you have enough.

howdy all........

a month or so ago, i got a set of oz superleg's in 18, offset 40, wrapped in dunlops 225/40.....

ive noticed that the handeling has suffered a lot, she seems a lot more wallowly when turning quickly......

currently i only have the normal set up that comes with a 02 RS 200....with the 18's she sits fairly low but still has a lot of comfort.....

im leaving her in to get the tracking checked next week but does anyone know if this is normal???

secondly, to rectify this what do i need to do.  this is my daily driver so ride comfort is essential....ive heard that the eibach's springs and the tte springs are very good and work with the standard shocks fine, so wud this be a good start or should i save up and get a new set up entirely......

any help is much appreciated......

When you say Wallowly.... do you mean the car is slightly tipsy? like it rocks like a boat side to side? Check your shocks mate, they may well be leaking ;)

Std. Altezza is no harsher than a IS200 or IS300.. Although the Altezza seems more glued to the road.

Either way i'd save for set of coilovers, some on eBay at the mo too!

hmm...

I would save and get coilovers - harsher ride I know but then if you wanted comfort you would have bought an IS?

anti roll bars seem to be the best bargain per buck for handling, get those then coilovers if you need later when you have enough.

I agree, anti roll bars are definately the most bang for the buck handling mod. From the ones that I know of and have had the opportunity to check out, the TRD sportivo ones are the mildest upgrades, the TRD yellow ones in the middle and the cusco ones the hardest. It may not always be the best thing to go for the hardest ones because the ride does get noticably 'choppier' on bumpy, b roads.

as for coilovers, there are some relatively comfortable ones. most notably the HKS Hipermax LS, which some users swear are even more comfortable than stock (damping, rebound rates perhaps?)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links