Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Fever

Loz

Okay,

Now it's been said before that I have an obsesive complusive Dissorder but I maintain that there is nothing wrong with buying your Dad an RX300 and your Mum (who does not drive as such) an SC430. But I just have this thing about the family of Lexus. Maybe it's better that I wait it out until I can justfy having three myself. I really am not tired of the GS but I am eager to try out the RX300 to see if it could replace my Rangy. *locks credit cards in safe place b4 booking test drive...*

Loz

Maybe I should just have another glass of Port...

i dnt rate swapping a range rover wit an RX300 unless the range is old and dated range's are ace. stick some 22's on it, tint the windows, big sounds in the boot and some tv's and ***** all up in them headrests and you the man

oh yeah and not forgeting the essentials, them bein a couple of fine ***** females

picture me rollin:D

Loz

It depends what you use your Range Rover for. If it's school runs then the RX is ideal If it's for any thing like they should be used for forget it. I'm a Landrover nut and had an RX for the day and loved it but when I gave it back I said to the salesman what was the point in it. It's just like a car but with all the problems of a high centre of gravity but none of the rural practicalities of the Landrovers. The salesman agreed that it was 'just' a car for those who want the 4X4 look etc. So if you never go off tarmac and just need a towing vehicle great but if you want a real off road stick where you are.

I liked the RX300 and took one on an extremely tame off-road circuit (more like a ploughed field actually), but you're right, it's no direct competitor to the Land Rover. I've been real off-roading in one of those but wouldn't entertain using the Lexus!

Might have to get one for the school run...just imagine how much road I could block by badly parking one of those :lol:

From the Grenouille Eater:bounce:

Loz, just wondering something new RX will come in a few months, in 330RX, should think it's not the moment to buy one and maybe wait a bit.

For real off roader, I've tried a TD Range a bit modified, terrific to see how this could pass in real hard trial sections.

Would have a preference for the sporty Mitsubishi Pajero (3 doors) in 3,2 TID, a real nice 4x4 and a real off roader, that was my second option choice when I bought the Sportcross.

@d'taleur

Vince

Guess I am stuck with the Rangey then!

When in the States I had a Mitsubishi Montero which is the 2002 model Shogun estate. Full leather and all the toys! it ruled!! Just could not bring myself to buy a mitsubishi when the british product is already in my possession and doing a fine job. must get some rear suspesnion bushes though.... cheap and cheerful off road fun.

JM, in answer to what I use it for:

Some mild off roading in quarrys and obstacle courses.

Golf trips when there is a few of us.

Snow boarding trips to Scotland in REALLY bad weather.

General bad weather driving (cos I don't wade in my Lex)

change of scene so when I get back in my Lex on Monday mornings it feels brand new!

Fetchin' the sunday times, and if I'm feeling fruity, a sausage and egg sandwich en route!

I really ought to invest in a pipe and slippers...

Loz

Guess I am stuck with the Rangey then!

Full leather and all the toys!

Get an ES then - just got rid of the wife's Disco V8 ES

must get some rear suspesnion bushes though

Get the stiff version - cna't remember what there called offf had - about £200 for a full set - but they make a hell of a difference - if you haven't got air suspension uprate the dampers brilliant for off road.

.... cheap and cheerful off road fun.

Are we talking about a landrover product here? Yes cheap to buy but B***dy expensive to run cause you're always having to fix something cause its broken, fallen off. On second thoughts don't get an ES cause the electrics are rubbish. Give me a good old 90 any day - nut and bolt engineering that I can fix. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links