Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unsure About The Price

Hi Guys just seen a IS 200 Sports – Blue - 94,000 on the clock - 2002 (02-Reg). Have been racking my brains :unsure: trying to decide if I should buy it or not. The mileage is high but the car has been taken care of with Lexus service history etc. I would only drive it locally doing 5000 a year. £8,500 - £8,400 is what he will accept.

The reason why im indecisive is that the parkers guide and Auto trader are showing far lower values for the car. This is a question that asked in the forms quite often but your feedback would really help.

Thanks is advance.

I would not let the mileage put me off - that is not THAT high.

As long as you can see the service records, and they are all present and correct in terms of all servicing been done at the right sort of intervals.

I took my second IS up to 63k - and there was no difference between when it had 10k and when it had 63k.

Do not know what you mean about values - Parkers says

Cost New ('02) £ 21180

Franchised Dealer £ 13735

Independent Dealer £ 13165

Private Good £ 12710

Private Poor £ 10780

Part Exchange £ 11575

so - £8.5 seems a good price.

Be aware a big service will be due at 100k, changing belts etc.

I think thats an ok price considering its an 02 model.

Sounds pretty reasonable and the blue ones are really nice to. 94k for a Jap engine is just a ran in!! :P

Take the car for a run and no doubt you will be chuffed!!

Well I part exchanged my IS in jan this year and they gave me more than that, it had just under 80,000 miles on it when I Part exed it and it was a 99 auto se model

so i think that price for an 02 model isnt so bad at all :)

Thanks guys, gonna go and give a test drive and see how it runs.

Matthew your right about the Parkers Guide, sorry my mistake but the Auto Trader check on the net and taking the mileage into consideration I was shocked. According to Auto trader it’s valued at £6,400.

I must admit I trust you guys more but I can’t understand why it’s so low.

Appreciate the offer Scorpion but its over my budget was looking for something around the £8500 mark.

Thanks for the link Matthew may be giving the fella a call.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links