Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, 6 weeks into ownership and my 3rd fault has occured on my LS430. This time its the yellow engine shaped light on the righthandside of the dash (next to the cruise control ON light).

The handbook says its either petrol filler not on or loose, no petrol at all, electronic transmission components or electronic throttle or "something else take to a dealer".

The car drives fine no noticeable problems and Ive checked the levels and the filler cap, wondering if anyone has experince of this and are there a few simle things to try before the 50 mile drive to a dealer and again giving them an open cheque?

Thanks

Call the dealer, ask if it's something simple you can fixo yourself.

Maybe ask them to collect the car as it's the 3rd fault (I don't know how old the car is)

Maybe you can rendezvous with one of their employees if some one lives or drives past your side of the dealership.

Good Luck, I have not had to use a dealer yet, but I've only had my Lex for a week now.

Did it happen after you had recently filled up with fuel? You need to make sure the fuel cap is tight, tighten it so it clicks two or more times.

No Id filled up a few days earlier, but Ive taken the cap off and tightened it back again anyway, but no joy.

Didnt get it from Lexus Im afraid and its out of warranty. The dealer I got it from will inevitably pay but just trying to sort it quickly without the 50 mile hike really...

Oh dear, I'm afraid Colin is on the button (as always) make the trip, you got no options. Good news is that once the glitches are gone you will have many years of happy smiley motoring. :driving:

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my 430 (at 80k miles). Yellow engine light.Car running fine but seemed to use a bit more fuel Took it to the dealer and it reported 4 fault codes. Isolated to the oxygen sensor (one of I believe 5) in the manifold. £50+ for the diagnostics refunded against it being changed. Now completed but the £300+ job (before deducting the diagnostic charge) increased rapidly as they couldn't get the old one out. Spent hours trying and eventually replaced the manifold too adding over £400 to the bill. Fortunately managed to do it without taking engine out (apparently the right way to do it) and let me off about 6 hours labour -at £97.50ph. Even so at over £700, I hope the other sensors last.

The fuel consumption has improved (I reckon it had lost me about 5mpg) so as fuel keeps rising eventually it'll pay for itself

It's the first fault in my 7k miles

When the Lexus stealer says "you are lucky" "we managed to do it with out an engine out", or " we saved you xxx" I think it is just feel good factor comfort talk!!!

As for "the sensor was stuck" and "we had to replace something expensive", well you never know how true that is either.... ????

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, same story here, only took mine to a local garage who has a superb mechanic, cost me £65.00 less than Lexus quoted as well. That sensor is a common fault at around 70000 miles apparently. (according to Lexus Coventry - thats what they told my garage when they ordered the part --- yikes !!!)

So much for faultless eh !!

I looked up the equivalent part (even mondeos have those sensors by the way) for a BMW 745. (my last car) The part was £70.00 cheaper from BMW and the garage said it would have took an hour less to fit as the Lexus engine covers all had to be removed, which the BMW does not have..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links