Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alarm/central Locking/window Issue

Got my eye on a nice ls400. Ticks nearly all the boxes etc. however it has one problem (highlighted in another thread but I thought I'd start a new thread for better exposure and may be useful for others too :)).

As described to me, the problem is as follows

The remote locking doesn't work correctly. Remote locking locks the car but winds down the windows. To get round it, the previous owner removed a fuse? this way the locks work (i think) but you have to use the key in the door method. Because the fuse has been removed, the passenger windows won't work (which they do if you replace the fuse).

Could it be a faulty relay? Costly to replace?

I'm assuming the ls400 (1995 m reg) has full closure alarm/locking from factory?? Either that or it's an aftermarket alarm/closure system.

The seller is having an auto electrician looking at it tomorrow but any advice/tips would be useful in case someone else has had a similar problem (could save time & money :)). If that doesn't sort it, he said he'd have lexus look/diagnose it (1 hour max due to high labour costs!)

The 'alternative' is I negotiate a discount and get a 3rd party alarm with closure etc. fitted? I'd rather the factory system worked though so I have 1 key fob/blipper etc.

Many thanks in advance :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links