Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bulb Types

Justin p

I have a few for you to start off with:

Front Indicators: 7440 wedge, you will also need load resistors to prevent over-flashing

Side lights: 501 wedge

Side repeaters: 501 wedge

Dome & map lights: 239 barrel

Number plate lights: 501 wedge

The only others that are worth doing are the dash lights - Prolex/Fargo are doing a kit for this.

None of the other lights are really suitable for LED's.

• 1 month later...

I've changed the headlights and sidelights to Philips Blue Vision (headlights temporary until I can afford an HID kit) but want to change some others too.

I'm avoiding making the front indicators clear for now because I don't like the idea of having to melt anything..... :crybaby:

Can someone confirm the following will fit:

Rear indicators

Side indicators

Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

I see the reg plate bulbs use the same connection as the sidelights. Can I use sidelight bulbs for there or will they be too powerful/hot/bright?

Can someone post a link to some blue (ish) reverse bulbs too, because I can't find any! There have been many posts about this but no-one has posted any sort of link. :blink:

Lastly, has anyone replaced the internal boot bulb for something that actually lights up the inside of the boot? I want something better because mine is rubbish! :angry:

Oh, and is this the HID kit Prolex are offering at the moment - it's not the one listed on the website! :duh:

Thanks guys! :D

I've changed the headlights and sidelights to Philips Blue Vision (headlights temporary until I can afford an HID kit) but want to change some others too.

I'm avoiding making the front indicators clear for now because I don't like the idea of having to melt anything.....  :crybaby:

Can someone confirm the following will fit:

Rear indicators

Side indicators

Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

I see the reg plate bulbs use the same connection as the sidelights. Can I use sidelight bulbs for there or will they be too powerful/hot/bright?

Can someone post a link to some blue (ish) reverse bulbs too, because I can't find any! There have been many posts about this but no-one has posted any sort of link.  :blink:

Lastly, has anyone replaced the internal boot bulb for something that actually lights up the inside of the boot? I want something better because mine is rubbish!  :angry:

Oh, and is this the HID kit Prolex are offering at the moment - it's not the one listed on the website!  :duh:

Thanks guys!  :D

Yes and yes for the side and rear indicators as you have shown.

I have some blue LED reversing bulbs coming in soon - PM me for details

You can use 501 LED's for the rear licence plate bulbs - PITA job to do but looks nice.

The only way you will illuminate the boot to your satisfaction is by fitting a strip of LED's or something similar. Not worth it IMHO.

Front Indicators: 7440 wedge, you will also need load resistors to prevent over-flashing

The only others that are worth doing are the dash lights - Prolex/Fargo are doing a kit for this.

Mike which one did you go for the dome/map light, 6,9 or 18 LED??

Mike which one did you go for the dome/map light, 6,9 or 18 LED??

It's the 9 LED version, the 18 is too big. The light is not too strong but it's a wierd blue light like you're sitting in a space ship or something!

It's the 9 LED version, the 18 is too big. The light is not too strong but it's a wierd blue light like you're sitting in a space ship or something!

Did you get a blue or white one??

Blooooooo!

I've just ordered the White 9 LED one.

Why does the 18 one not fit? Too wide?

Thanks Mike.

Ordered the indicators, and will receive a free set of Phillips BlueVision sidelights. That's why I was asking if I could use them, because they are free! Will they work?

Might be interested in the blue LED reverse lights, but they might be a bit too blue. I've been watching your thread on it, but you've yet to mention a price!

Big, white wide-angle does the boot in my GS nicely.

The single-LED mini-wedges give a lovely, bright light in the footwells and glovebox, but you've got to shave the bodies a bit to get them to fit.

Boot bulb is 501 of course - you'll find more 501s in a Lexus than in a Levi's factory!

Just to add that the dome and map lights for the Altezza are 269.

Just got my 239 White LED one through, and it's too big... :(

Apologies, my error, it is 269

I just got the 239 too :duh: obviously too big, but also completely different type. The one in my IS200 is similar to 233 (can anyone confirm)....

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.ph...47050adfb24bdf8

Also how do I take the dome light surround off? When I say dome light I'm talking about the interior light that comes on when you open the door.

Thanks,

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links