Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I'm thinking about installing an LED braking light that flashes (probably illegal) during hard braking on a MK2 GS300. Does the brake pedal have a position sensor which I could tap in to? Perhaps if anyone has a wiring diagram they could check for me. The only other methed I could think of detecting a hard braking situation is to make some sort of g-force sensor using a spring and contacts (very Heath Robinson).

Thanks

Martin

It has possibly got a sensor buitlt into the brake booster but i wouldn't recommend messing with it as the whole system is electric and it would be quite easy to cause some major damage.

You might like to know that a new brake booster is about £2000!!!!!!!! :blink:

it doesn't have a position sensor, only the normal switch that detects if the pedal is pressed or not. I guess you could mount another switch and adjust it to only come on when the pedal was pressed down a long way.

If you have a 2001+ model with brake assist then you could probably feed into that although the brakes have to be pressed very hard for BA to activate.

The vehicle already has a g-force detector for the VSC but would be very difficult to communicate with that.

It's possibly available on ODB-II but it wouldn't be a standard reading so you would need a Toyota/Lexus reader.

Not sure how brake assist detects emergency braking - I guess there is a pressure sensor in the braking system, that could be used.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links