Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Supercharger Maintenance

PhoneDrome

Supercharger coupler:

f0_1_b.jpg

From here: LINK

He says:

This is an upgraded replacement supercharger coupler any Eaton M62, M90, or M112 supercharger.  It is commonly found on the Pontiac Grand Prix and Bonneville, Buick Regal and Riviera, Ford Thunderbird, SVT Mustang and Lightning.  It also fits some M45 applications such as the Toyota Tacoma.

This coupler is made from a special oil impregnated nylon material that will last longer than the stock coupler.  This is a common wear part on the Eaton superchargers.  The holes start to become "egg" shaped and loose which leads to a rattling noise inside the snout. 

I always have plenty in stock.  If you need some instruction on how to install the coupler just email me with any questions.

Check out my other auctions for snout rebuild kits, seals and other Eaton rebuild parts.

I asked him what else do I need. Material and skill..

It will only require removing the supercharger belt and the snout from the supercharger.  You will need enough room in front of the supercharger to slide the snout off.  Tools required are a socket wrench and metric socket (10mm i believe) to remove the bolts.  You will need 2 bottles of

supercharger oil to refill and some gasket rtv for seal.

What is a "snout"? Is it the cover behind the pulley?

Any comments on this?

------------

More Items:

Rotor bearings: LINK

0a_1_b_001.jpg

Snout rebuild kit: LINK

64_1_b.jpg

So the Snout is more like on this s/c:

270_2004_Eaton.jpg

The longer shaft. This means it seem worthless for us with the short snout :)

I had time to compare the s/c noise with redneck's 2 weeks ago. Mine has done about 75.000 Miles and it is MUCH louder. But VERY cool. I like it.

But for me Louder=Worn but not damaged at all.

I only found this and want to know if we also have this coupler and if it is worth to replace it after 100.000 miles... awaiting seller response...

• 1 year later...

i know that this is a very old post but just a follow up.... i removed the nose drive earlier and there is no coupler as you can see.

DSC00303.jpg

Also there is only a very small amount of oil in the nose so if you can see an oil leak from the drain plug or pulley area- DO NOT USE THE CAR UNTILL YOU HAVE CHECKED THE OIL LEVEL!!!!!

it should be to the bottom of the drain plug when it is screwed in.

For the rotor bearings - they were a special order by eaton from INA so you just cant walk into a bearing stockist unless u want to order 50,000- but they do come up on eBay quite often, but only needed if doing a full rebuild! And then u will need a machine shop with measuring equip.

further updates to my rebuild in the original post i made about the screws.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links