Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dodgy Scam

corky

been trying to sell my car now for a few weeks and got an email from this guy asking for some details about the car, so i replied and he sent this back. it looks and sounds really dodgy but i cant work out what scam he is trying to pull. what do you guys think:

Hello,

Thanks for the response concerning the sale of the lexus ,i found the advert on Auto trader,go get the advert off the web and consider it sold, You dont have to bother about the pick up but presently i am schedulled to leave for holland on a business engagement and this will last me five working days but i believe my trip does not stop this transaction as i will be informing my business associate in the state to make out a certified cashier cheque of £ 16,500 to your care as soon as you receive the payment you will deduct your cost price and additional £100 then you will transfer the balance via western union money transfer to the shipping company that will handle the pick up of ride from your location down to my store,the reason being that i have other consignment which they will pick up for me,they will as well responsible for the signing of all titles relating to this transaction and the pick up..

Kindly provide me with your full name valid phone# and complete contact information for the cheque delivery if my mode of payment is considered and if i can trust you with my fund.

I look forward to doing business with you.

Regards............Mark

The reply mentions Western Union, Western Union = SCAM!

been trying to sell my car now for a few weeks and got an email from this guy asking for some details about the car, so i replied and he sent this back. it looks and sounds really dodgy but i cant work out what scam he is trying to pull. what do you guys think:

Hello,

Thanks for the response concerning the sale of the lexus ,i found the advert on Auto trader,go get the advert off the web and consider it sold, You dont have to bother about the pick up but presently i am schedulled to leave for holland on a business engagement and this will last me five working days but i believe my trip does not stop this transaction as i will be informing my business associate in the state to make out a certified cashier cheque of  £ 16,500 to your care as soon as you receive the payment you will deduct your cost price and additional £100 then you will transfer the balance via western union money transfer to the shipping company that will handle the pick up of ride from your location down to my store,the reason being that i have other consignment which they will pick up for me,they will as well responsible for the signing of all titles relating to this transaction and the pick up..

Kindly provide me with your full name valid phone# and complete contact information for the cheque delivery if my mode of payment is considered and if i can trust you with my fund.

I look forward to doing business with you.

Regards............Mark

LOL. I guess you probably get the gist from everyone's responses by now. :D

There have been a lot of Western Union scams - sounds promising, and offer you all sorts of inconvenience "bonuses". :excl:

Similar e-mails have been sent in eBay auctions, asking for the product to be sent to Nigeria and all other far away places.

Stay clear and ignore. :ph34r:

D.

LOL. I guess you probably get the gist from everyone's responses by now.  :D

There have been a lot of Western Union scams - sounds promising, and offer you all sorts of inconvenience "bonuses". :excl:

Similar e-mails have been sent in ebay auctions, asking for the product to be sent to Nigeria and all other far away places.

Stay clear and ignore. :ph34r:

D.

Oh and one more thing - if a company rings you up and says that they have a list of buyers after your car, and say you have to pay like 50 or 80 quid in order for them to pass on your car details to them, STAY CLEAR as well. Time wasting canvassers.

D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links