Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problems

Jambo1977

Hello all,

Having some problems getting my car started after a long period of inactivity (IS200 V-Reg). For various reasons I didnt drive the car for just over a month which resulted in a flat Battery. When i turned the ignition key all i heard was a fast ticking noise. Next evening i use a friends car to try to jump start it, but this time when I turn the ignition key nothing at all happens. I dont know if this a new problem or whether its all down to the Battery...

Any suggestions/comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Cheers Paul,

Do you know if there are any home kits that I can get to check the Battery? Or do you think its just easier if i disconnect it and take it up to a garage?

If the Battery is totally dead I take it that the starter motor or key recognition thingy wont function either?

Having to drive around in my company's Alfa at the moment...no comparison...give me my IS200 anyday! Mine has done several trips to the moon in terms of mileage but she still drives so well...

Cheers for you help

James

James - I'm afraid you'll have to take the car to the garage to be tested incase there is a problem with the electrics and not just the Battery, there are tools out there that would test the Battery - simple case of putting a controlled resistance across the Battery terminals but the wrong resistance will damage the Battery. Not worth taking a chance when most garage's/motorist stores would do this FOC in you buy the Battery from them.

jump starting is bad news for the electrics in the car. Should be avoided.

You should check all the fuses. I remember one person has the same issue, it turned out to be the 100A fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

If you need to remove that fuse there are screws holding it in place so it won't just pull out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links