Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sold My Lexus Cheap, Too Expensive To Run For Me.

andrewxsi

Hiya Guys.

just a quickie to say thanks for your help over the past few months when i have needed it on the forum.

I have now sold my Is 200 sport and bought a passat tdi estate.

I still have my xsara vts also, so i can have some fun in that still.

I just work in a local factory and the 23-25mpg in town was no good for me,

the tdi passat gets around 46mpg in town and the 2ltr 16v (170bhp) xsara gets around 33mpg in town.

good car though the is 200 sport. but a bit slow and thirsty, i would have another in about 10 years and with a diesel.................

see you in 2015 then......................

Andrew

I did the same and have just sold my Lexus IS 200SE but I am still a committed Lexus fan. I have just been on the Broadstreet Web Site and they have their wires crossed. They are selling new Lexus IS 200Se models at around £20,000 incl metallic paint and the picture you see is the new IS just about to be released. I can see a few customers being unaware of these matters receiving the current model thinking that they are buying the new one. I wonder what trading standards would make of this?

Hiya Guys,

Just to let you know i went from Glenrothes here in Fife Scotland to Ostende in Belgium via Coventry, and a day trip to Stratford upon avon crossing at Dover to Calais.

I done this on one tank of diesel which here in Glenrothes costs 96p per litre.

and my passat tdi holds 62 litres.

as you can see from the picture,

54 mpg, and 659 miles and still some left.

and also pictured on the half tank, make you think eh!!

100_2027.jpg

100_1899.jpg

if only my lexus could have got near the 40mpg mark, i would have kept it also.

and i still have my xsara to play with

Picture012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The xsara is quite a goog car to drive, it has about 180 bhp with the mods made and has the same running gear as the 306 gti-6, except it has a 5 speed gearbox.

it really handles quite good with excellent turn-in and taught body control, and it would leave a standard is200 sport over any roads.

where the Is200 has the upperhand is with the looks comfort and presteige, i guess thats what you are paying for, and all the toys they come with.

buy i will hang on to the passat tdi for long journeys although i dont need a car and live less than 1 mile from the Bosch factory where i work.

Andrew

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links