Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Phone Book Access

Hi Folks.

Trying to find out if anyone knows of a way of overriding the safety feature that dis allows you to use the phone book whislt driving.

Absolutely love the car but do feel that some of the safety stuff is a bit OTT.(like that immediate anoying beeping noise when i havent quite buckled up before I pull away...anyone know how to override that one as well please?)

Thanks

AlanL

Hi Folks.

Trying to find out if anyone knows of a way of overriding the safety feature that dis allows you to use the phone book whislt driving.

Absolutely love the car but do feel that some of the safety stuff is a bit OTT.(like that immediate anoying beeping noise when i havent quite buckled up before I pull away...anyone know how to override that one as well please?)

Thanks

AlanL

Seems like they have removed all these nice "override" functions and other "do it yourself" things for changing settings etc. that they have inte the US and canadian versions.

I even tried to set my model to US in the service settings to see if I could enable any of the "hidden" features. But the car reset to EU LH model as I turned it on again.

Cheers,

- Johan

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks.

Thanks

AlanL

To turn off the beeping seat belt noise, do the following:

1. When the car is turned off, press the ODO button and turn the car on.

2. Count till 20-30 with the ODO button pressed.

3. With the ODO button pressed, now wear ure seat belt.

4. You will now see a menu on the ODO meter which says b_on. You can change this to b_off by pressing the ODO button.

Would love to see if anybody has found a "cheat switch" to be able to dial the telephone when the car is moving.

Its a bit silly that you cannot on the Lexus whereas you can on the Merc and BMW.

Only thing you can do it seems is to set-up all 18 one touch dials 6 numbers over three screens with those numbers you call most frequently.

The other element I discovered which is handly is when you're moving press the phone dial button on the steering wheel to bring up the one touch dial screen. If you're not moving it brings up the phone menu screen with the key pad.

br

D

Only thing you can do it seems is to set-up all 18 one touch dials 6 numbers over three screens with those numbers you call most frequently.

The other element I discovered which is handly is when you're moving press the phone dial button on the steering wheel to bring up the one touch dial screen. If you're not moving it brings up the phone menu screen with the key pad.

br

D

ad

I found you can get into the secret menus while on the move.

Get your passenger to HOLD in the INFO button and flick on and off the parking lights for or 5 times.

Then your passenger can play with pressing diagonal corners etc as explained in another thread in September/ October

It is fun watching the camera go backwards also the actual mph compared with that on speedometer! You can also see what satelites are being received etc etc!.

I'm surprised that nobody has collected a complete list of the "hidden" menus and functions of the integrated navigaton/informaton system as well as the ODO functions etc.

Would make for some interesting reading, methinks.

L.

Same here - I would have thought that we would have the right direction to break through the phone/satnav block by now, be it from the maintenance manuals or something !

Is there a maintenance manual for the 300/400 ?

Is there nobody out there who has some inside info on this - key is it is software driven and there has to be a code to "fix" it ......

Tony

Same here - I would have thought that we would have the right direction to break through the phone/satnav block by now, be it from the maintenance manuals or something !

Is there nobody out there who has some inside info on this - key is it is software driven and there has to be a code to "fix" it ......

Tony

Well, from a previous thread, I beleive there is a scenario which may work in the RX400. As far as I understand, there are two versions of the service mode. 1 - as has been described above. The second method is if you press the Menu button and then press the top left and then bottom left a few times and then I think you press it on the bottom right to bring up the service menu. You are then able to choose an override which allows you to dial telephone numbers. You are able to access this "cheat" system even when the car is moving. The idea being you can do this should you wish to dial a number. Otherwise you can use your pre-sets.

The above does not work with the 2005 RX300 though. I know it works in the US RX400. Don't know about over here.

As you, I am in the 2005 class of RX300 and this workaround does not work for me either. I am sure there is a way to disable this protocol that dealers are aware of - it is just a matter of getting/squeezing it out ... Tony

Tried squeezing it out of the dealer - no luck. Also examined installing this:

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

Problem 1: the warranty on your navigation system will be voided if you use this...(although there is no way of them figuring out that you used this - so long as you disconnect it when giving the car to the dealer).

Problem 2: How do you fit it on the RX?

Tony

Well as a starting point maybe someone could track down the manuals from here: http://techinfo.lexus.com/public/main/what.../publexlib.html

I have the 2005 RX400h, have tried the ODO/ seatbelt tip and the tapping top left bottom left screen corners, neither seems to work.... anyone have a definitive list of what works on which car?

You need to hold in INFO button while flicking parking light on and off about 4 or 5 times..

Haven't tried ODO yet...

Successfully found the hidden menu with hold INFO+switching lights trick. But I have now lost full functionality of the system :angry: e.g.

>> Clock - screen does not come up at all when you press the button

>> Climate - fan controls display but the temperature rocker switch does not work for driver or passenger

>> Info - instead of the full screen you get a splash window with 3 options (information, screen & (can't remember the other one). The Information option takes you to a the Info screen but with out the trip button (bye bye fuel economy graph and power source graphic)

Besides returning my car to Lexus - any suggestions on how to re-set/re-configure so it works again? :duh:

Lesson to other - DON"T MESS WITH IT UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!

Successfully found the hidden menu with hold INFO+switching lights trick.  But I have now lost full functionality of the system  :angry:  e.g.

>> Clock - screen does not come up at all when you press the button

>> Climate - fan controls display but the temperature rocker switch does not work for driver or passenger

>> Info - instead of the full screen you get a splash window with 3 options (information, screen & (can't remember the other one).  The Information option takes you to a the Info screen but with out the trip button (bye bye fuel economy graph and power source graphic)

Besides returning my car to Lexus - any suggestions on how to re-set/re-configure so it works again?    :duh:

Lesson to other - DON"T MESS WITH IT UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!

VOOPS. Sorry.

I never had that problem!:(

When I turned off the ignition or held in the DISPLAY button for 10 secs or so, all returned to normal.

The info I gave you can be found on other threads either UK or USA.

Last week I would have suggested disconnecting the Battery, but in view of problems I have had with initialising the system which the dealer did, it is probably not a good idea. I would take it to the dealer and keep mum :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links