Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h V Merc Ml320tdi

only way is down...come on the RX300 was only #3 so a couple of places up to go yet.... :winky:

Think there will always be "friday" afternoon cars...hence always room to improve... and i honestly do hope Mercedes finally get back to what they used to be good at...engineering.

BUT, until they do, and it is shown in such surveys, there is no way I'd even consider one, no matter how good it appears at first.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Had my ML 320 CDi for a couple of weeks now :D . As still running it in (perhaps not necessary but it can't hurt) average fuel consumption over first 300 miles of variable driving is 25 mpg (cf 28 mpg over 4 years with old CDi) . This is with all creature comforts turned on (climate control + fan/iPOD etc. etc.) unlike many 400h drivers who appear to be driving around without heating (wierd! :duh: ).

Car is much, much better than old 270 CDi and new 320 CDi engine is almost 'petrol-like' i.e. smooth, free revving (up to 4000 rpm!). Overall quality is much improved as is ride (with air suspension - not for 400h drivers unfortunately!) and can't wait to give it a real blast (within legal limits etc.) :D .

I'm sure this engine will mate up happily with electric motor (i.e. diesel hybrid) some time in the future :winky: .

The important thing is that we enjoy our cars :D .

Cheers,

Dieter

Black ML 320 CDi with airmatic

As an ex owner of a Mercedes CLK Auto: I have suffered from 2 gearbox failures, one torque converter failure, Drivers electrical window failure and Electrical seat failure in 25000 miles. The build quality is so rubbish that taxi drivers at Stuttgart Airport now drive Passats and Skodas.

Mercedes: No Thank You

lol ........... well can I just add .... that I only found out the other week.

If both the rear brake lights on the ML fail to work .... (blown bulb or whatever) ... the car wont even start !!

(auto version)

What's that all about ......... :o

Hi,

Had my ML 320 CDi for a couple of weeks now :D . As still running it in (perhaps not necessary but it can't hurt) average fuel consumption over first 300 miles of variable driving is 25 mpg (cf 28 mpg over 4 years with old CDi) . This is with all creature comforts turned on (climate control + fan/iPOD etc. etc.) unlike many 400h drivers who appear to be driving around without heating (wierd! :duh: ).

Car is much, much better than old 270 CDi and new 320 CDi engine is almost 'petrol-like' i.e. smooth, free revving (up to 4000 rpm!). Overall quality is much improved as is ride (with air suspension - not for 400h drivers unfortunately!) and can't wait to give it a real blast (within legal limits etc.) :D .

I'm sure this engine will mate up happily with electric motor (i.e. diesel hybrid) some time in the future :winky: .

The important thing is that we enjoy our cars :D .

Cheers,

Dieter

Black ML 320 CDi with airmatic

Glad you're enjoying the vehicle.

Yes, bit weird if people are switching off heating to get better MPG as I'm running my 400h with everything on and still getting 28-29MPG without being overly gentle. Perhaps it is only one or two, can't believe any one would wear mittens just to get an extra 1mpg !

I have always been a huge fun of Mercedes, especially the E-Class - unfortunately as a package, the Lexus experience makes it impossible to switch back to paying extra for everything and coping with Dealers who are still trying to define 'customer service'. Good that the quality is coming back though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links