Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I don't know if the LS is like the IS but basically if you turn the key in the boot on the IS it prevents it being opened by the manual release, maybe try that if you have a keyhole?

Think you just turn the lock 90 degrees and that's it?

This happened to me a few years ago when I had my LS.

If I remember correctly there is a keyhole beneath the steering wheel on the dash.

You must have the master key to operate this. It will then release the boot.

Terry

Afraid the news is not good, you have a valet key that will not open the boot or the glove box.

The car is designed that way for security, as far as I know you need to get a master key from Lexus. Not cheap i'm afraid :crybaby:

that idea would b good on my ls400 if i had a master key i only have key that opens doors and starts engine so how do i get in 2 the boot help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

thx THE KING

Hi,

the key which starts the car should fit,your cars a 1990 model so theres no fancy computer chip in the key.

Where the fuel filler cap release button/boot release button is,is where you put the key in.Turn the key and the key button will pop out and the boot release should work,it wont work if the ignition is on as a safey feature.

Cheers chips.

honestly i have tried that the key wont work on the external boot lock or down the right side of the steering wheel or the glove box in the manual it says u need master key 2 open these imagine how frustrating its getting because i no theres stuff in the boot and i cant open here is there anyway i can cross wires or something for this 2 work i need big help here

king kens

honestly i have tried that the key wont work on the external boot lock or down the right side of the steering wheel or the glove box in the manual it says u need master key 2 open these imagine how frustrating its getting because i no theres stuff in the boot and i cant open here is there anyway i can cross wires or something for this 2 work i need big help here

king kens

So the Key turns in the Boot lock but the boot wont open?

Or does the key fit but wont turn?

If it turns in the boot lock try and sit on the boot as you turn the key,maybe the lock/mechanism is sticky/dirty....well the keys turned get someone to try and lift the boot up.

no the key goes in slightly same as inside with the manual release dosnt go right in only so far i need some way of getting it open i am thinking of selling it 2 many problems with these motors like getting in 2 the boot

any help would b grateful

also looking ofr a lcd display for my 1990 model

If you have a complete spare lock and switch unit with key from a donor car, why not just change the lot?

Once it's done and you can pop the switch out, you will hardly ever use that facility

and you can just carry the master key in your wallet, in case someone accidentally locks it.

Go for it!! :winky:

If you have a complete spare lock and switch  unit with key from a donor car, why not just change the lot?

Once it's done and you can pop the switch out, you will hardly ever use that facility

and you can just carry the master key in your wallet, in case someone accidentally locks it.

Go for it!! :winky:

YES BUT I HAVE LOOKED AT THE MANUAL RELEASE FOR FUEL CAP AND BOOT AND THERES NO WAY WERE GONNA CHANGE THIS WITHOUT DAMAGE UNLESS SOME 1 HAS INSIDE INFO

LET ME NO

CHRIS

According to the w/shop manual, if you remove the lower panel to gain access to the switches, the lock barrel is only held from the rear by two screws and can be removed seperately.

If you were just replacing the switch you still have to remove the lock barrel

Hope this helps...... :yawn:

The keys are different.

Master key does all, valet key does ignition only. Like a hotel door key.

Electronics are nothing to do with it. The key is cut differently.

Lexus for a new master, no option :duh:

I thought he had a spare unit with master key from another car?

If thats right why can he not just change the barrel for the donor?

He only needs a new master to unlock the boot and petrol panel, he has an ignition key.

Or am I missing something........ :duh:

The keys are different.

Master key does all, valet key does ignition only. Like a hotel door key.

Electronics are nothing to do with it. The key is cut differently.

Lexus for a new master, no option :duh:

this sounds good but how much would it cost i must also add i have a donor ls400

and have the master key for it can i do the change of the barrel where the fuel flap switch and boot switch are

thx

the king

I thought he had a spare unit with master key from another car?

If thats right why can he not just change the barrel for the donor?

He only needs a new master to unlock the boot and petrol panel, he has an ignition key.

Or am I missing something........ :duh:

hi yes i have the spare barrel for the fuel and boot switch and i have a master key for this barrel could u please show me details of hopw 2 remove this as we broke bits taking the last 1 out ie plastic trim

get back 2 me if u got the manual or email me cc009a0002@blueyonder.co.uk

many thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links