Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte S/c Kit

guys ... i've been searching around for info regarding the TTE kit .... and it seems there are some varyin info and responses from ppl about this....so hopefully I can get some consensus via this thread.

My question is ... I know that the TTE S/C is supposed to be an enclosed unit and does not require any part changes/oil changes (so i've heard).

However, I have also heard that ppl bring in their TTE kit to be "Services" by TTE? ie like a belt change (or something similar).

So, does the TTE kit require regular servicing or no?

If so, what is involved with the servicing? (just belt changes? or parts actually get changed?)

Also, if the above is required, then at what intervals does the kit require "servicing"?

I have heard the model number for the compressor is "M62" ?? is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the clarification guys.

when i had mine serviced at TTE

they:

checked all the nuts and bolts

changed the belt

checked operation of cable

checked hoses

checked pipework

replaced one pipe (due to pulley rub)

listened to it with a stethescope thingy

checked the ecu connections

they then went onto checking and torquing every nut, bolt, screw on the car

even checked tyres and pressures

it may not need servicing, but if the chance arises, it is well worth it, and its a great experience to visit TTE

thanks for the clarification guys.....

so how many miles before a belt change?

also .... I live in HK, where the temperature is quite high and humid for 7-8 months in a year.

Would this be a problem for the TTE kit, since it was developed for euro use?

I am thinking maybe the intercooler may not be sufficient for asian climates (stays at around 33 degrees C during the summer months).

Would I also need to go with a high performance radiator and add an oil radiator (dunno the official name !?)

Thanks guys ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links