Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running In Period?

Hi people, can someone tell me what the running in period is on a new is200 and also, what are the service intervals?

I'm picking the car up three weeks from today, the wait is unbearable!!

Hi Andy

good choice!

this is all explained in the manual you will get - so don't worry about remembering!

:D

the running in period for the IS is 2000 kilometres or 1200 miles.

during that period, you should avoid full thottle starts, and try to keep the revs above 2k but below 4k.

once you have ran it in - give it a damn good blast - several times (like you'll need any encouragement :D )

let the engine warm up properly - then redline it in as many gears as you safely (and legally :P ) can.

this is to get the valves opening fully, something they won't have done during the running in period.

do this on a pretty regular basis anyway.

you'll also notice that the engine, and (in my case anyway) especially the gearbox will be tight when you get it.

this will loosen up over time.

I was told 3k miles for this to happen, but to be honest, mine still seemed to be loosening up all the way up to 8 / 9k miles.

your first service is 10k - and the intervals are also 10k.

do yourself a real favour, and join up here as a Gold Member.

The discounts on your servicing alone will be more than the £25 subscription.

Click Here to Join Up

enjoy the car!

1200 miles? i think i need to plan a few long journeys to get it over and done with  :D

Good plan!

Will the car need a service after the running in period?

no - no need for a service / oil change or anything like that.

I'm in the process of signing up for gold membership but having problems with paypal.com at the mo

ah - I'm preaching to the converted - my apologies

:D :lol: :D :lol:

hi andy

had my IS200 SE on 1st september on new reg ordered it in june. wait was crazy.

1200 miles seem loads but when the car looks as good as it does you will be happy just cruising.

mines got 1675miles on it now

didnt know i was supposed to redline it though mat to open valves. thought that mite damage it

1200 miles? i think i need to plan a few long journeys to get it over and done with :D

good idea to get the break in period out of the way.

but don't just cruise around a motorway @ 70mph for 1200 miles - thats not the idea.

you need to vary gears / revs etc.

go on long journeys if you like - but vary your rpm / speed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links