Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello Guy's and Gal's

New member and first time on.

Have a 1996 ls400

I need a gps system, will a lexsus 1997-on, gps/radio/aircon fit my model.

If so will it be gust a matter of plug to socket, or major problem

I am competent in electronics

Aussi

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Think you'll find it's 98, not 97....Ser 4. The other reason for changing up besides Traction control.

Hi Chris

Keep geting lost in my old age, Have a laptop with satnav, fancied having it built in.

regards Syd

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Think you'll find it's 98, not 97....Ser 4. The other reason for changing up besides Traction control.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Hi Syd,

I've just bought an LS430 (2001) with built-in DVD SAT NAV. My previous car didn't have a built-in so I bought a TomTom Go last year. I've tried using the Lexus System, but have gone back to the tomtom and have now "installed" it in the Lexus (wired up the power so it turns on and off with the ignition). The tomtom has much better software and mapping, and is *so* much easier to use.

Take my advice - if you don't already have the Lexus built-in SatNav, don't waste time and money getting one - just get a TomTom Go!!

Doug

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Hi Syd,

I've just bought an LS430 (2001) with built-in DVD SAT NAV. My previous car didn't have a built-in so I bought a TomTom Go last year. I've tried using the Lexus System, but have gone back to the tomtom and have now "installed" it in the Lexus (wired up the power so it turns on and off with the ignition). The tomtom has much better software and mapping, and is *so* much easier to use.

Take my advice - if you don't already have the Lexus built-in SatNav, don't waste time and money getting one - just get a TomTom Go!!

Doug

And they are getting soooo cheap now. Lexus system would be FAR more expensive. Bit of lateral thinking needed here? Mount one (Tomtom) in the ash tray?

Happy Christmas Syd, from Bristol.

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Thanks Guy's Merry Xmas :driving:

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Hi Syd,

Doug

And they are getting soooo cheap now. Lexus system would be FAR more expensive. Bit of lateral thinking needed here? Mount one (Tomtom) in the ash tray?

Thanks Guy's Merry Xmas

Hello Guy's and Gal's

Have a 1996 ls400

Aussi

Hi Syd,

Doug

Thanks Guy's Merry Xmas

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links