Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Couple Of Extra Mods

simonskippy

I've just recieved my next goody back from the States courtesy of Mat's contacts out there - And he did Gold Discount. So i've just added a TRD Oil Cap, TRD Rad Cap, A TRD Shift Knob and finally the big ones my new wheels.

18" Tom's Racing 8.5" on the back and 7.5" on the front, i've just put Yoko AVS Sport Directionals on 235/40/18 on the back and 225/40/18 on the front.

I now have a couple of questions

1) Will the larger wheels affect the handling of the car?

2) How much will my speedo be out?

3) What sort of tyre pressure should i be looking at?

Cheers

Si

P.S. I've taken the piccys and i'll post tonight in all their glory

The difference in size of the wheels will make a negligible difference as even though the rim size is increased from standard, the profile has been reduced.

I went from the standard 16" wheels to 18" on 225 40 and with a little maths it became obvious that the difference was next to nothing. I can't remember exactly but I think it was about 13mm larger over the whole circumference.

This meant the speedo was less than 1% out, I have the calculation's if you're interested....

ok.if your running a 8.5x18 rear ..you should fit a 255/35/18 tyre to stay with the same rolling radius

if you fit a 7.5x18 front you need to fit a 225/40/18 to stay within rolling radius

the handling does improve.....untill you hit the wet slippy stuff,then the rear will skip now and again...will also follow road imperfections more(tramlineing)

but it looks better so who cares :duh:

Mat,

This is what I thought but the different tyre company's I spoke to said that listed in the 'Book' where the specifications that I have got fitted, i stuck a level on the roof before and after just to see if there was any difference but it all looked the same.

The car looks lush and the wheels have just added that finishing touch. i'll post the pics later

Cheers

Si

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links