Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nigerian Scams?

tdiplc

How many Nigerian scams do you see?

We have been getting them for about 15 years. It used to be a letter in a scruffy envelope hand written by someone with the literacy age of about 5. Now we get at least 5 emails a week. They are now also coming out of South Africa.

They are normally from someone with the name of Dr, Lord, King, Chief or whatever, Ngomongmodoluo or whatever, who has heard of your venerable reputation and eminant discretion........blah blah.....

He knows someone in the Royal Family or Ministry of Appropriations who has secreted away about 25 million US Dollars, and of course he wants to share it with you (like you were born yesterday).

All you have to do of course is send over enough cash to grease some palms...................blah blah

Apparently some greedy loonies have actually fallen for this

from what ive heard ,they send you about $100 when you flourish them with your bank account details........then empty your account,nice :angry:

i got one the other day.....nice pretty picture of a baby on it......pass the email onto 5 other ppl and microsoft will pay money to the family of the child,which supposedly has a illness...........if its true the email ended with me......i am more leaning towards thinking theres some scam on here aswell.......i dont trust anything that comes across in emails

try this as just a few letters

http://www.nigerianscams.org/letters.htm

I have actually heard that people have even gone missing.

As i handle and own over 100 domains i get tthese scam mails every day... not even my anti spam software will filter them

I think these are the most irritating emails of all time. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

simple rules really folks

1 - never send money, bank details or any other personal information of any nature to anyone over the 'net - especially not if they just send you an email and ask you to.

2- never forward emails on to everyone you know, just because the mail asks you too. AOL and Microsoft are not sponsoring anything, nor are they paying for people to forward email etc. If you receive a email full of crap - do everyone you know a favour, and just bin it.

3 - if you do fall for any sort of internet or email scam and lose money etc- just blame your own stupid self for falling for it.

:lol:

Our church web-site gets the charity variant - ie guy gets converted feels compelled to donate millions of dollars to your church just send your bank details etc. Why would anyone think we'd believe G.o.d would suggest donating $20 million to a church of less than 100 members? OK we need resources but there's no way we'd be able to usefully use that money ourselves. The guys doing the scam can't be that bright. :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links