Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S/c Kits

thanks for advice "remove the precats".What are these?does it create noise?if i remove the precats do I have to do anything else or does removing the precats always add around 10hp.cheers Rsarin

Its always advisable to remove the precats when S/Cing, believe it provides a quicker route for escaping gases. not sure it will ad 10bhp but it will certainly help to reaching your target.

EDIT:-

beaten by Bazza again.

no, thats not true, the only reason the precats are removed is to prevent them breaking up and blocking the Y pipe which is common when the cars are supercharged and used heavily at high speeds....fact

in germany when the supercharger is fitted steel cats are also fitted to prevent breakdown of the cat material.

i know, my car was the first UK car to be supercharged by TTE that was used on the roads, i had all the problems, and recorded all the problems in a post.

if you search you will find it, i made the post about 4 years ago

Edited by Monster-Mat

thanks for advice "remove the precats".What are these?does it create noise?if i remove the precats do I have to do anything else or does removing the precats always add around 10hp.cheers Rsarin

Its always advisable to remove the precats when S/Cing, believe it provides a quicker route for escaping gases. not sure it will ad 10bhp but it will certainly help to reaching your target.

EDIT:-

beaten by Bazza again.

no, thats not true, the only reason the precats are removed is to prevent them breaking up and blocking the Y pipe which is common when the cars are supercharged and used heavily at high speeds....fact

in germany when the supercharger is fitted steel cats are also fitted to prevent breakdown of the cat material

Just like mine did :o :o

this is a stupid question but if i fit the induction kit, will attatching a silencer lower the sound?yeah and it does say a 10hp inc on the pro-lex site.Do you know how to get hold of the cats the germans replace with?

this is a stupid question but if i fit the induction kit, will attatching a silencer lower the sound?yeah and it does say a 10hp inc on the pro-lex site.Do you know how to get hold of the cats the germans replace with?

contact TTE regarding the steel cats

http://www.tte.de

where would you fit a silencer to the induction?

ive not seen any dyno results for the Induction kit, either from Prolex or TDI

sorry again, but i mean if the induction kits on with the S/C and its making all that sound will the HKS silent completely drown it out on its own OR would you have to attatch a silencer to ensure all the sound is drowned.silly questions i know and basic,but i genuinely dont know otherwise i wouldnt ask,im trying to use the search like u said but cos the my basic knowledge of cars aint clear im finding it difficult to keep up with experienced LOCers.but at the same time am trying to pick up as much info as i can without getting confused.maybe i need to brush up on some basics.

the induction kit lies in the engine it is used for air flow to help the engine breathe better. No you cant silence it. Stick with the tte airbox that you will get with the s/c kit, its a lot quieter by all accounts ;)

By the way why is it that the wife doesnt want any noise??

By the sounds of it the ignition sound alone will need to be silenced :D !!!

Ok cheers Geezer.Ill shut up now.basically if i want increased hp i have to allow for a bit of sound as Mr singh pointed out earlier.thanks for clearing the induction thing up.Rsarin.the wife dont want noise cos i think shes afraid it might drown out all the bloody racket she makes.

I aint having a go pal. Listen i am just a little ahead of you in terms of knowledge and i know feck all!!! I basically just read as much as poss off these boards and learned a lot from the decent members on here who have taken there time to help a non tech minded lad!

You will have to put up or wife will with some degree of noise to get the type of power you want. I want the same, about 210-220bhp and i am happy.

no geez i know u aint having a go.u obviously know loads and i want to get some of that info from u,but i think your right reading the forums are important to get a clear idea,and i guess after the S/C im gonna have to get some more education b4 i do anymore mods.I really need to get to grips with basic mech procedures and learn a bit more about basics in general.Cheers for adv.Rsarin

definetely gonna go for power over noise.

want i meant to say mat was that im no longer gonna let my lady influence my descision about the noise factor in general.Yes i have understood that any further attempt to add power after the s/c will mean that its impossible to avoid noise.increasing power for the car is my main objective.the noise i can deal with.Cheers.Rsarin

want i meant to say mat was that im no longer gonna let my lady influence my descision about the noise factor in general.Yes i have understood that any further attempt to add power after the s/c will mean that its impossible to avoid noise.increasing power for the car is my main objective.the noise i can deal with.Cheers.Rsarin

no problem.... :D :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links